AARP ups Employee HC Premiums

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Was there some kind of miscalculation at AARP? Seems so.

AARP's endorsement helped secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. Now the seniors' lobby is telling its employees their [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]insurance [COLOR=#366388! important]costs[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] will rise partly as a result of the law.

In an e-mail to employees, AARP says health care premiums will increase by 8 percent to 13 percent next year because of rapidly rising medical costs.

And [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]AARP[/COLOR][/COLOR] adds that it's changing copayments and deductibles to avoid a 40 percent tax on high-cost health plans that takes effect in 2018 under the law. Aerospace giant Boeing also has cited the tax in asking its workers to pay more. Shifting costs to employees lowers the value of a [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]health [COLOR=#366388! important]care [/COLOR][COLOR=#366388! important]plan[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and acts like an escape hatch from the tax.

Citing health overhaul, AARP hikes employee costs - Yahoo! News

Back
Top Bottom