Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #221
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Password? Password? I've got your stinkin' password...

Quote:
Amid all the attention, bugs, and work happening at Healthcare.gov in light of the Affordable Care Act, potential registrants talking to phone support today have been told that all user passwords are being reset to help address the site's login woes. And the tech supports behind Healthcare.gov will be asking more users to act in the name of fixing the site, too. According to registrants speaking with Ars, individuals whose logins never made it to the site's database will have to re-register using a different username, as their previously chosen names are now stuck in authentication limbo.
Obamacare site hits reset button on passwords as contractors scramble | Ars Technica
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #222
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The other day I made another account using a different email. I can get to that profile but cannot get to the section to put any info into an application. I get a blank page or the page to login, even when I'm already logged in.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #223
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Right with you Sue. I got most information entered yesterday. Then the system locked. When I got logged in today, most of our information was there, plus an added bonus. Our family grew, now there's 2 of me and 2 of DW. I messed around, couldn't get rid of our clones, after several hours gave up and called 800 number.

We're now waiting for 2 business days,Monday, for a call back from them to have fixed or tell me how to fix it myself.

I doubt I'll get a call. Next time I'll insist on a paper app? Are the phone reps supposed to offer to set this up for you? That might be more appealing as I know what happens to paper applications when the back office is flooded with them.

MRG
Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I was told that but this says it was wrong info

Obamacare call center reps get password reset script by mistake - CNN.com
Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #225
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmrtn View Post
Good to know the folks in charge of the system are communicating effectively and everything is working smoothly.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Did you hit the little person icon in top right corner, when you came back in? Seems thats what I've had to do.

MRG
Tried that- unsuccessful.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #227
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
You might want to revisit that if you can keep your MAGI below 200% FPL. When I looked at the plans available to me, it was a no-brainer to go with a silver plan with the reduced copays, etc. available at 196% FPL compared to a bronze plan.
Thanks Brewer, right now my part time job (20 hrs) has my MAGI at 313% of the FPL. So going into this for 2014 a Bronze plan looks to be the best deal. When I finally pull the plug on work the Silver plan may be the best choice and hopefully the bugs will have been work out on the Healthcare.gov website/system.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #228
Give me a forum ...

Good luck to all. After what they did to my data yesterday, I'm glad they said wait till Monday. I can still see an application in progress when I log in. Clicking gives the red arrow box with no error id.

I do understand system, capacity, firewall issues. I do not understand a system that manufacturers data on it's own. There are basic DBMS funtions(RI) that can prevent this. IMHO,

MRG
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
The other day I made another account using a different email. I can get to that profile but cannot get to the section to put any info into an application. I get a blank page or the page to login, even when I'm already logged in.
One thing that might come in handy, if you use yahoo email it allows you to create disposable email addresses. I think the account creation process requires a unique email address or it doesn't work I have tried reusing an email address to create a new account and it always fails. I have used up my alternate emails trying to create accounts this week and getting various stages of failure. No one yet has been able to reset, delete or fix any existing account. I guess will start trying to use disposable yahoo accounts till I can one that work then change the email to my real account.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Good to know the folks in charge of the system are communicating effectively and everything is working smoothly.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #231
Recycles dryer sheets

Well I guess we get what we pay for! What could we have expected for only $648,000,000. :-)

Didn't think about it until after I hung up but when I called the 800 number today, the person on the other end was able to discuss my information with me after having only gotten my name (and, worse, I had used "Joe" and not "Joseph."). No request for SS#, phone! address! nothing. And the number I was calling from was not the number I'd registered with .....

Obviously their navigators have access to a lot of information!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #232

I may be in, I received the eligibility PDF, except that it said that there was editable contents. Didn't say I will be eligible, but my application was under the 400 pl, table shown and I couldn't find any form to edit. Said someone will be in touch, waiting.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #233
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
I may be in, I received the eligibility PDF, except that it said that there was editable contents. Didn't say I will be eligible, but my application was under the 400 pl, table shown and I couldn't find any form to edit. Said someone will be in touch, waiting.
I have to change mine (after October 15, wonder if that will be another glitch period). I have to take my wife off the application since she is getting insurance from her employer per council action on Tuesday, leaving me in the Exchange (which is more cost-effective anyway). Now that I've been approved and merely have to mail in proof of "Indianship", I have to redo it so only I'm covered on the Exchange plan. But now that I know the council action and where we stand, I can wait a few weeks to get it right, though I want to get it all "official" by mid-November to avoid last-minute glitches as well.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #234

This was posted on Twitter -

https://www.healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates/

Use this page to find plans and costs (without your subsidy) for your state and county. You don't need to have an application or account at HealthCare.gov to use this. I found it was about the same information as we had posted here from LegalConsumer.com.

I hope this is a sign of progress. Baby steps.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #235

Quote:

Use this page to find plans and costs (without your subsidy) for your state and county. You don't need to have an application or account at HealthCare.gov to use this. I found it was about the same information as we had posted here from LegalConsumer.com.

Note if you just want to see the plans available i.e. windowshop, ehealthinsurance.com also provides a way to do it. (This does not cover subsidies) You don't even need to give your name for this one.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #236
Full time employment: Posting here.

I really want the ACA website and ACA to be successful. But the website is a total mess in my opinion. I used to be a computer programmer and helped create several online systems. Have they not heard of testing? The ACA website appears to not even be tested. It's improving a little each day but still doesn't work. I've had to re-enter some of the same personal information several times...that is if I can even get to those entry screens in the first place. Right now I'm stuck with the identity verification having failed and it seems to stop me from doing anything else. I called Experian last week to verify my identity and now that verification seems to be lost. Today I uploaded my drivers license for the identity verification and I'm still waiting for any response from that. Does anyone know if they actually look at the uploaded data for identity verification?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #237
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

This is nice...but it doesn't ask ages so bears little relationship to what cost might be for some, particularly for people over 50.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #238
Administrator

This came to mind this morning

Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGuy View Post
I really want the ACA website and ACA to be successful. But the website is a total mess in my opinion. I used to be a computer programmer and helped create several online systems. Have they not heard of testing? The ACA website appears to not even be tested. It's improving a little each day but still doesn't work. I've had to re-enter some of the same personal information several times...that is if I can even get to those entry screens in the first place. Right now I'm stuck with the identity verification having failed and it seems to stop me from doing anything else. I called Experian last week to verify my identity and now that verification seems to be lost. Today I uploaded my drivers license for the identity verification and I'm still waiting for any response from that. Does anyone know if they actually look at the uploaded data for identity verification?
I had uploaded my DL last saturday, on sunday the account no longer worked. From the login page it seems to accept the user name and password but when login is clicked it goes back to a fresh login screen with no error messages. If I put the wrong info in, it goes back to the login screen with an error message ( expected). I finally created another account, this one does the same thing, goes back to a fresh login screen. Also for every failed account creation it seems to keep the username, it would tell me account creation failed try again, then trying with the same user name it would report name already exist.

They should have went open source with this, I'd work on it for free probably a lot of others would too.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by meierlde View Post
Note if you just want to see the plans available i.e. windowshop, ehealthinsurance.com also provides a way to do it. (This does not cover subsidies) You don't even need to give your name for this one.
ehealth may work depending where you are. For me they have none of the exchange plans listed, they don't even display the only carrier offering plans. I used the kaiser calculator for cost guess, use the spreadsheet that was posted earlier to identify the carrier(s) offering plans on my exchange and then go their website to get plan info. Even then it's not certain as the plan info looks more generic but it least has a brochure and benefit summary.

Since I only have one carrier ( which I never heard of ) I guess comparing won't be that hard.
Closed Thread