Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #341
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
How did you get by the duplicated data. They haven't called me back, but my duplicated data did show up. It had gone missing 2 business days ago. Is there a way you can delete data now? Did you have to resort to yet another account? Thanks and good luck, MRG
Actually I didn't. It was recommended that I simply start fresh with a different email address and try again. This time, though, I started each contact on the site with a cleared browser cache (included clearing old cookies, everything). It took a couple hours to get thru it all but between identity verification, eligibility qualifications, and plan choice, I was only dropped out of the system (froze up) a couple times.

We'll see if it holds overnight but at least I now have an application number from the insurer that shows the same exact plan and coverage that the exchange website shows.

(Even this time, the system shows "4" enrollments but with 3 of them auto cancelled).
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrig View Post
I was supportive of the premise of Obamacare but now see it as a complete failure. If you can't afford health insurance you certainly can't afford these plans being offered with their insane deductibles. Bronze, Silver and Gold plans? pooh I have talked to many people who are in the late 50 age group and have private insurance. All have told me their premiums will double under the new plan. All have also told me they will not pay and just go without. There comes a time when everyone has to make a life decision. You got to have money to live on and not pay it all to an insurance company. Who ever thought this would work needs their head checked out. Watch and see. These insurance companies will soon go broke or lower their rates. People are just not going to pay what they are saying they will owe. Not going to happen. As for me I will gamble until my wife turns 65 in five months. I refuse to give in and pay these rates. I am also tired and stressed from being on the phone and website trying to get a rate I can afford. Life is just not worth this stress. If my wife gets sick then we will just go broke. I sure am not going to let this stress me and her out another second. I am finished calling and trying to log into a government website that has failed. Back to simple retirement life for me. To heck with all this. We may just move out in the wild until she turns 65. over and out. oldtrig
If you need significant healthcare before Medicare kicks-in, you can take an extended vacation to Panama or another country with reasonably priced world class health care services. You'd not only wind-up paying less (even with travel costs), you'd also get a vacation (if you were not too sick to enjoy it). Tim Ferris has a specific example in 'The Four Hour Body', but in his case he just wanted a bunch of imaging for his "n=1" experiments.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #343
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Jflynn4,

Thanks much. I wouldn't have thought of the browser cache, but I'm going to give that a try. Sure beats waiting for a call I know won't happen!

MRG
Old 10-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #344
Full time employment: Posting here.

... why do I have this image in my mind of them (the ACA website developers) laying down track immediately in front of a speeding train ...
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #345
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrig View Post
I was supportive of the premise of Obamacare but now see it as a complete failure. If you can't afford health insurance you certainly can't afford these plans being offered with their insane deductibles. Bronze, Silver and Gold plans? pooh I have talked to many people who are in the late 50 age group and have private insurance. All have told me their premiums will double under the new plan. All have also told me they will not pay and just go without. There comes a time when everyone has to make a life decision. You got to have money to live on and not pay it all to an insurance company. Who ever thought this would work needs their head checked out. Watch and see. These insurance companies will soon go broke or lower their rates. People are just not going to pay what they are saying they will owe. Not going to happen. As for me I will gamble until my wife turns 65 in five months. I refuse to give in and pay these rates. I am also tired and stressed from being on the phone and website trying to get a rate I can afford. Life is just not worth this stress. If my wife gets sick then we will just go broke. I sure am not going to let this stress me and her out another second. I am finished calling and trying to log into a government website that has failed. Back to simple retirement life for me. To heck with all this. We may just move out in the wild until she turns 65. over and out. oldtrig
+100
Can you imagine what a private company like Apple would face it they had a disaster like this?
Government usually use lowest bidders who cannot make the deadlines, and are not the best for large IT project as we see. Similar to the failed OPM rollout of a new system for processing Federal Retirees about 5 years ago I believe. Same issues but that was quickly taken down. Don't know what happened to it since.
Just not at all ready, quite apparent. What would Apple, Microsoft, Google etc. do?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #346
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm2 View Post
+100
Can you imagine what a private company like Apple would face it they had a disaster like this?
Government usually use lowest bidders who cannot make the deadlines, and are not the best for large IT project as we see. Similar to the failed OPM rollout of a new system for processing Federal Retirees about 5 years ago I believe. Same issues but that was quickly taken down. Don't know what happened to it since.
Just not at all ready, quite apparent. What would Apple, Microsoft, Google etc. do?

Saw something on the news that the bid was in the $55 mill range with a top of $90ish... I think it showed (and I can be WAY off here as I was not paying attention) that it is almost $200 mill with close to $600mill as a top...

I would think that there could have been a good number of firms who would have done a better job...
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #347

As someone sitting on the sidelines with Tricare insurance I am really sorry to see you all going through so much hassle with this.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #348
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarksnakes View Post
As someone sitting on the sidelines with Tricare insurance I am really sorry to see you all going through so much hassle with this.
I just hope the government stays out of Tricare.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 AM   #349
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarksnakes View Post
Your pension is probably also better than SS. Can we open them up to everybody?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn4 View Post
Only to have the insurer's site report back "we have experienced an issue with the Enrollment. Please contact a local agent for assistance or continue your enrollment process directly on the Marketplace."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

At least I have an actual application number from the insurer (I was at least smart enough to print that off) ...... Waiting for a call back from the insurers service center now.
According to this article the issurers are getting wrong data.. "Emerging errors include duplicate enrollments, spouses reported as children, missing data fields and suspect eligibility determinations"
Old 10-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #351
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Your pension is probably also better than SS. Can we open them up to everybody?
Of course SS was never intended to be a pension at all, only a small 'safety net.' If someone has Tricare that means they likely served our country in the Military and earned it.

It would be very adult to have HHS admit to this disaster and go offline until the system actually works. I don't think too many 26 year olds will be
spending hours vainly trying to get these policies.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #352
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepr View Post
According to this article the issurers are getting wrong data.. "Emerging errors include duplicate enrollments, spouses reported as children, missing data fields and suspect eligibility determinations"
Interesting article. I think the comments are representative of what most people are noticing also.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #353
Dryer sheet aficionado

FINALLY ABLE TO LOG IN!! Filled out application. Electronic signature and submit application. Continues to go back to same page for me to submit application time after time. Will not let me submit the application. Any suggestions. Chat desk worthless.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #354
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger1457 View Post

How long did it take to get an 'identity verified' response after you uploaded your docs? I uploaded my docs and it said I would receive an email when my identity was verified but gave no estimate on how long it would take.
Checked this morning, still shows income submitted. When I had to upload ID I was verified in a couple of hours. Crazy thing is I can enroll, but no $ figure is shown for a subsidy. PDF eligibility letter, has no personal information.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #355
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd View Post
... why do I have this image in my mind of them (the ACA website developers) laying down track immediately in front of a speeding train ...

Not something to pad your resume with!.

MRG
Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #356

Quote:
Interesting article. I think the comments are representative of what most people are noticing also.

I try not to read the comments on most "non-sports" articles... My doc says my BP is high enough already....
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #357
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
FINALLY ABLE TO LOG IN!! Filled out application. Electronic signature and submit application. Continues to go back to same page for me to submit application time after time. Will not let me submit the application. Any suggestions. Chat desk worthless.
What worked for me was completely clearing the history, cache, cookies, everything from my browser before re-entering the site. Once that was done, everything seemed to fall completely into place, allowing me to complete enrollment.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #358
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Of course SS was never intended to be a pension at all, only a small 'safety net.' If someone has Tricare that means they likely served our country in the Military and earned it...
I knew.

I was apparently too oblique in trying to point out that most things are not "free".

Usually, one has to work for it.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #359
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
That's exactly where I'm at, too. Reading the suggestions here, I've cleared my browser history (IE is the only things that has worked for me at www.healthcare.gov) and I've logged out and back in. Upon logging back in I did see CONFIRMED in there somewhere but I'm unable to get back to see if I can click on it and read an actual confirmation.

So have I enrolled?

Backtracking a little...... This morning I called the insurance company I plan on using. They had said on another call that they could enroll me over the phone, including using our subsidy. But when I called back they said they cannot enroll anyone until Nov 1. I set up an appointment for Nov 5th for them to call me to enroll. In the meantime, I thought I'd give it a try on Healthcare.gov, just to see how far I could get.

While I was on the phone with the insurance company we discussed the plans I was interested in and they sent me an email with those plans compared on a chart, Nice. Also, she cleared up the definition of Aggregate vs Embedded deductible as their HSA plans use an aggregate deductible and I wanted to be very clear as to what that meant. Be sure you understand this if considering an HSA plan.

We're still going for the Bronze high deductible plan with and HSA.

Came back to add this -

So it looks like we've enrolled. I hope they send us an email or something. I can also click the items on the left and see the info in new pages, including an option to cancel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-18-13 HCG enrollment.jpg (104.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #360
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
I just checked, was able to log in, and also could get to the new account set-up in less than a minute. Maybe try a new account with a new username (I know).
Good advice, I used my new e-mail (Tparty4ever@yahoo) and was enrolled in minutes. Wait a second, there's a helicopter in my backyard. I'll be right bac......

Apologies, just a joke.
Closed Thread