Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #701
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_at_49 View Post
No errors, the page just reloads and the UID & password fields go blank as if inviting me to do it over again. Tried Firefox, IE and Chromium in both Windows and Linux, all do the same.
I had that happen with the very first account I created ( I created it back in Aug when the site first went up ). If you created an account early in the rollout like in Oct. I would start over with all new info, email, userid etc. I think some of the fixes they did in Oct broke some the early created accounts. Probably they had to make fixes in the databases that left those accounts in limbo.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #702
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm ready to give up and go back home to Canada. I'm not paying $500-900/mo for healthcare and not going without either.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #703
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm ready to give up and go back home to Canada. I'm not paying $500-900/mo for healthcare and not going without either.
Did you create a new account? What does it do?
While we haven't talked much about it lately about clear your browser cache, it can't hurt.
Best wishes,
MRG
Old 12-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #704
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Did you reset your password? That solved the problem for me.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #705
Full time employment: Posting here.

Covered CA/Anthem Call

I emailed the Anthem website, to see what I could find out there, and within a couple of hours received a return email telling me that they could not help me but that I could call the 800 # to find out whether my application had in fact been received.

I called the Anthem 800 number, waited a brief 3-4 minutes, and then spoke with a customer service rep, who told me "The billing information just went out yesterday, so you should receive it soon, and as soon as you submit payment, you'll receive your Welcome Packet."

I asked whether she could look me up and confirm that they had in fact received my application.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that; our system just went down."

"Just went down? Imagine that," I replied, and then thanked her and said goodbye.

So I still don't know nuthin'. I am going out to enjoy my California sunshine. Covered until 12/31, but after that, maybe Uncovered California. Oh, well.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #706
Dryer sheet aficionado

Try removing cookies. I do this by: right click on the page. Choose Inspect Element.
Then choose Resources, then look at that menu, and highlight Cookies. Then click to the left to get the website underneath it (www.healthcare.gov). And right click that, and remove cookies. Hopefully this will solve your problem.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #707

Update: I'm trying to have my identity verified, call 800 #, ask for a supervisor, said they can't do anything, their solution is to keep trying.

For some reason, I continue to be stuck, others never had this problem, I supposedly have a notice (get a message that I have a notice that I dismiss), but there is no link to the notice, so have no idea what it says. Uploading proof/mailing in proof of ID ending up going no where...
Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #708
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejayevans View Post
Update: I'm trying to have my identity verified, call 800 #, ask for a supervisor, said they can't do anything, their solution is to keep trying.

For some reason, I continue to be stuck, others never had this problem, I supposedly have a notice (get a message that I have a notice that I dismiss), but there is no link to the notice, so have no idea what it says. Uploading proof/mailing in proof of ID ending up going no where...
Go to your application and open it. On the left side you should seee 'Eligibility and notices' click it. On my Win7 IE config I'm asked do I want to open or download the PDF. in my case it was my Eligibility Notice. YMMV.

FYI for me the popup for I have a notice reappears after logoff/logon.
Best wishes,
MRG
Old 12-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #709
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the replies. I callled the Marketplace and they enrolled me over the phone. I blind-picked "Blue Value Silver 3500" ~$300/mo after the rebate. I don't have to login again until next year.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #710

Quote:
Update: I'm trying to have my identity verified,

Had the exact same problem with verifying identity ( problems with experian connecting to exchange site ). Just start over with a new account, fixed mine. Once verified it went straight through without problems.

I get the notification message as well when I login, just ignore it. Somewhere there is supposed be a message center but I haven't seen it yet.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #711
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
My early October healthcare.gov login got stuck waiting for them to verify based on the scan of my driver's license that I uploaded.

What I ended up doing was getting my free annual Experian credit report. Then I used a new email address to create a new healthcare.gov account. With the information from my Experian credit report I was easily able to get my identity verified online with the new account.

To tidy things up, once they added the "remove" button I went into my original account to remove my original incomplete application. That way the people at the 800# did not see multiple applications in my name.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #712
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I callled the Marketplace and they enrolled me over the phone. I blind-picked "Blue Value Silver 3500" ~$300/mo after the rebate. I don't have to login again until next year.

Glad it work out for you! One thought, you should double check with your
insurer, to be sure they have received your application.

Until, you receive a "packet" and new "ID" card, can you relax.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #713
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Glad it work out for you! One thought, you should double check with your
insurer, to be sure they have received your application.

Until, you receive a "packet" and new "ID" card, can you relax.

Thank you, I'm learning new BS: POS vs. PPO (not sure which one I got), copay, coinsurance, Copay after deductible, Coinsurance after deductible , In Network, Out of Network, Non Preferred Brand Rx, lol , and the real scam starts when they refuse to cover stuff by changing its scope or its description. Why do Americans put up with this?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #714
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Thank you, I'm learning new BS: POS vs. PPO (not sure which one I got), copay, coinsurance, Copay after deductible, Coinsurance after deductible , In Network, Out of Network, Non Preferred Brand Rx, lol , and the real scam starts when they refuse to cover stuff by changing its scope or its description. Why do Americans put up with this?
Oh, yeah! Prescriptions. Which drugs are (or are not) in the insurance plan, what limits there are ("may only be prescribed after Drug X has been prescribed for at least 3 months"; "Only approved for treatment of Y"), and the periodic update of which drugs are covered at what rates. Side effects may include migraine, tinnitus, anosmia, scruffula, and mild hulkism.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #715

Ok, I tried the clear browser cache, create new ID, start over method, with some improvement, verified my ID straight away, fill out application (got kicked out a few times), have a statement of Eligibility
And then when I go to the screen to select my health plan (I'm in florida), there are no health plans, zero, nada , call 800 number, they were having system issues, said to try again 24-48 hrs later...and so it continues.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #716
Recycles dryer sheets

So ... Just checked voicemail and had a recorded message asking me to call the health exchange so that they can obtain further information and assist me with enrollment.

Only problem is that the website shows that enrollment is "completed" and I've already received (and paid) for the first months billing from Blue Cross.

Not going to try to deal with it tonight but I see a frustrating conversation in my future for tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #717

Quote:
And then when I go to the screen to select my health plan (I'm in florida), there are no health plans, zero, nada , call 800 number, they were having system issues, said to try again 24-48 hrs later...and so it continues.
I just logged in and was able to view plans, maybe something unique to FL and the carriers there ?

You can use the database on the exchange site and lookup the carriers/plans available to you and go to the carriers site to browse. I did that with mine. Others in FL reported enrolling directly via the carriers site.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #718
Dryer sheet aficionado

Well I WAS enrolled.but waiting to hear from Insurance Co so I could pay. But tonight, when I went on, it was telling me to send the documents of my income (that I didn't have to send until March), but I went ahead and uploaded a letter of my retirement. It still said I was enrolled. And I should contact Ins Co..all good..but then it said I wasn't.I tried a 'chat', that was comical....I called..a nice guy, but he couldnt get in...then, all fonts ond words became all messed up..a complete mess of a screen. He said to try again int he morning...there is something going on with the system. I pray that is the problem..that there is NO problem with my enrollment. ARGH.Funny thing though, when I called the number, it asked in the beginning, if I wanted to do a short survey about Customer Service. I usually say 'no' ,as am too irritated to stay on phone afterwards...but..when I said 'YES' it immediately started to do the survey, about my experience with Customer Service, BEFORE I even had an experience with customer service..so I hung up..called again, and said 'NO'...so it went to a person in customer service...how odd...they phone system is even broken. Anyone else awake and trying to get into system now?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #719
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2retireearly View Post
Well I WAS enrolled.but waiting to hear from Insurance Co so I could pay. But tonight, when I went on, it was telling me to send the documents of my income (that I didn't have to send until March), but I went ahead and uploaded a letter of my retirement. It still said I was enrolled. And I should contact Ins Co..all good..but then it said I wasn't.I tried a 'chat', that was comical....I called..a nice guy, but he couldnt get in...then, all fonts ond words became all messed up..a complete mess of a screen. He said to try again int he morning...there is something going on with the system. I pray that is the problem..that there is NO problem with my enrollment. ARGH.Funny thing though, when I called the number, it asked in the beginning, if I wanted to do a short survey about Customer Service. I usually say 'no' ,as am too irritated to stay on phone afterwards...but..when I said 'YES' it immediately started to do the survey, about my experience with Customer Service, BEFORE I even had an experience with customer service..so I hung up..called again, and said 'NO'...so it went to a person in customer service...how odd...they phone system is even broken. Anyone else awake and trying to get into system now?
If you're enrolled you'll be just fine. Call the Marketplace and ask for your application ID #, that proves you're enrolled. The website is still broken, I honestly think that there are entities sabotaging the network. I told that to the lady that enrolled me over the phone, and she said, "I wonder about that too".
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #720
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2retireearly View Post
ARGH.Funny thing though, when I called the number, it asked in the beginning, if I wanted to do a short survey about Customer Service. I usually say 'no' ,as am too irritated to stay on phone afterwards...but..when I said 'YES' it immediately started to do the survey, about my experience with Customer Service, BEFORE I even had an experience with customer service..so I hung up..called again, and said 'NO'...so it went to a person in customer service...how odd...they phone system is even broken. Anyone else awake and trying to get into system now?
Just received a robo-call from Healthcare.gov. 'We need more information to complete your application please call us at 1-800-318-2596.' When I did I said yes to survey and got queued. Within a minute the survey started. So I did what you did.
Talking to a human, he had no idea which of my applications they called about. I mentioned I gave someone there my information to enter back in middle October. He took that and 'oh yes sir, that must be why we called, if you're happy with your last application ignore the call'. I asked him to verify my last application was IGO (in good order). He claims it is.

MRG