Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #141
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Just had this message, now they are playing the blame game.

Sorry, we can't find that page
on HealthCare.gov
We've recently reorganized our site, and that may explain it.
It's also possible that you typed the address incorrectly.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #142
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
Just had this message, now they are playing the blame game.

Sorry, we can't find that page
on HealthCare.gov
We've recently reorganized our site, and that may explain it.
It's also possible that you typed the address incorrectly.
Just tried it too and got the same thing. I hope my annual renewal comes back at an acceptable rate so I don't have to keep fooling with this bs.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #143

Now the login page appears to be on endless loop.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #144

So I had to setup my logon and passwords at least 3 times. For my secret answers I changed them also, and write them down to keep it straight. I was still having a problem with my profile, it never recorded, my phone number and address no fix on the web. I try one more time, signed in with password #3 gave security answers from #1, bingo accepted. And I am putting my personal info on this site, makes ya wonder.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #145
Recycles dryer sheets

Grrrrrr......

Made it thru the sign up AND enrollment process.....completed both health and dental, identity was verified AND got a confirmation that I was enrolled (a " congratulations") that was on Friday night.

Saturday I called the 800 number and they confirmed that I was showing "enrolled" and was told that I should be hearing from Blue Cross within 48 hours.

TODAY, on the exchange, it's showing that I won't be enrolled until I complete the process (!!!) but when I try to to the application, I get a screen showing all steps complete and that the "enrollment" has been "locked" PLUS an orange notice that I must complete all steps or my enrollment will not remain.

The 800 number "isn't sure" what's happening, they show me as "enrolled."

My head hurts.......

(Gotta keep telling myself that my current almost $2000 per month individual plan cost is dropping to $217 as a result of all of this).
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #146
Recycles dryer sheets

Managed to login and get through the application process. It gave me an ID# and says in process. Hopefully I will get to see choices and subsidy amount.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #147
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn4 View Post
Grrrrrr......

TODAY, on the exchange, it's showing that I won't be enrolled until I complete the process (!!!) but when I try to to the application, I get a screen showing all steps complete and that the "enrollment" has been "locked" PLUS an orange notice that I must complete all steps or my enrollment will not remain.

The 800 number "isn't sure" what's happening, they show me as "enrolled."
Mine is in the same condition. I got to the Locked Enrollment stage on Friday evening. The confusing messages that show or don't show at this point are likely the result of problems with site programming. I think now all there is to do is wait a few business days to see what happens. One can probably contact the insurer as well after a couple of business days to see if they have any information.

Based on what some insurers have said, I am guessing that behind the scenes there is some periodic batch transfer that happens between insurers and the marketplace. The insurer gets the information. Then they process it during business days and hours like they would a new application. At some point, they contact the individual and transfer some new status back to the marketplace.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #148
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
Mine is in the same condition. I got to the Locked Enrollment stage on Friday evening. The confusing messages that show or don't show at this point are likely the result of problems with site programming. I think now all there is to do is wait a few business days to see what happens. One can probably contact the insurer as well after a couple of business days to see if they have any information. Based on what some insurers have said, I am guessing that behind the scenes there is some periodic batch transfer that happens between insurers and the marketplace. The insurer gets the information. Then they process it during business days and hours like they would a new application. At some point, they contact the individual and transfer some new status back to the marketplace.
Thanks for your post .... Hadn't heard from anyone else who'd gotten to that point yet so didn't know if it was just me hanging out in limbo or whether things were still going forward. Still no real idea but I guess there is some comfort in numbers!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #149

I called Humana (my current HI provider) yesterday to ask some question that I have forgotten. Somehow we got onto the topic of policy actuarial value.

The agent tried to tell me the actuarial value of a policy determined how much of my premium dollar was spent on healthcare expenses. She stated that for a 60% actuarial value policy, Humana spent 60% of the premium on healthcare-related costs and the other 40% went to overhead, etc.

I asked her, "So the 80/20 rule that got me a $600 refund last year is gone?"

I have had HI insurance with Humana for 2 years. I don't always like the answers they give me but I've always considered their reps to be competent. Oops!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #150

Quote:
Thanks for your post .... Hadn't heard from anyone else who'd gotten to that point yet so didn't know if it was just me hanging out in limbo or whether things were still going forward. Still no real idea but I guess there is some comfort in numbers!
Since yesterday afternoon, I hang at the login screen. I enter user ID and password, it thinks for a while, and then... gives me the login again. I know it's authenticating because when I intentionally enter a bad password, it tells me so.

Is anyone getting past the login screen now? Is this just me?
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Since yesterday afternoon, I hang at the login screen. I enter user ID and password, it thinks for a while, and then... gives me the login again. I know it's authenticating because when I intentionally enter a bad password, it tells me so.

I was able to log in. It even invited me to reenter the same information I had previously entered. It sticks at the same point as before, though, which is DW's naturalization document. I'm not going to try again until I have that, and no telling when that will be.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #152
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post

Nope I've waited 4 days for a new password email. Will call later today, ask again. Probably start looking at new email as someone had suggested.

MRG
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #153
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Nope I've waited 4 days for a new password email. Will call later today, ask again. Probably start looking at new email as someone had suggested.

MRG
If you always hang at the login over a number of days, you probably need to use a new email and make a new account. I had one account with that problem that would not resolve. Yet, as soon as I made a new account I was able to login and everything worked fine (well, as best as it could). It seems some accounts get stuck with no apparent way to fix them.

Today may not be a good day though. I am seeing the downstream error when I login which may mean they are having some serious load or connectivity problems. I haven't seen that message much since opening day.

One note, if you aren't going to get a subsidy, there isn't much reason to use the marketplace. Just go directly to the insurance company and save yourself from this agony.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #154
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
From a few phone calls I just made about it, this still seems to be the time of waiting for the insurance company to setup the new policy. It could even take a week or two. It's hard to tell for sure because nobody seems to know.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #155

So now I called, and told him where I was and his "solution" was...?

Just keep trying the web site until you eventually get in. No help with confirming I was verified, no help getting me signed up, no help giving me the options I'll have in the Exchange... nothing. There's 20 minutes of my life I won't get back.

So when he asked "Did I answer your questions" at the end of the call, I told him to put "no" in the call notes.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #156
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
The agent tried to tell me the actuarial value of a policy determined how much of my premium dollar was spent on healthcare expenses. She stated that for a 60% actuarial value policy, Humana spent 60% of the premium on healthcare-related costs and the other 40% went to overhead, etc.
She might be confusing things. Overall the company can only spend 20% on overhead etc.

But an actuarial value at the plan level, say of 70% (silver plan), means that for a standard population, the plan will pay 70% of their health care expenses, while the enrollees themselves will pay 30% through some combination of deductibles, copays, and coinsurance.

60% would be bronze, 70% silver, 80% gold, 90% platinum. Then there are also the 73%, 87%, and 94% silver plans if you have copay assistance based on income.

So one meaning has to do with the company expenses in aggregate and overhead. The other relates what % the insurance companies will pay in relation to how much individuals will pay on average of their expected annual health care expenses in out of pocket amounts.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #157
Give me a forum ...

Ziggy, I've been asked every time to take a survey, I always do. I've been able to kindly let the rep. know I'm doing that. Not sure if it makes them more helpful, probably does not hurt.

Of course these folks on the front lines, their BS buckets may be getting full.

MRG
Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Ziggy, I've been asked every time to take a survey, I always do. I've been able to kindly let the rep. know I'm doing that. Not sure if it makes them more helpful, probably does not hurt.

Of course these folks on the front lines, their BS buckets may be getting full.

MRG
Oh, I know. I was very polite but did express my frustration with the entire process. When the website fails it tells you to try calling for faster service. So I do, and was just told "keep trying the web site." Really?

Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebody View Post
She might be confusing things. Overall the company can only spend 20% on overhead etc.

But an actuarial value at the plan level, say of 70% (silver plan), means that for a standard population, the plan will pay 70% of their health care expenses, while the enrollees themselves will pay 30% through some combination of deductibles, copays, and coinsurance.

60% would be bronze, 70% silver, 80% gold, 90% platinum. Then there are also the 73%, 87%, and 94% silver plans if you have copay assistance based on income.

So one meaning has to do with the company expenses in aggregate and overhead. The other relates what % the insurance companies will pay in relation to how much individuals will pay on average of their expected annual health care expenses in out of pocket amounts.
By a bit of surfing the web I found out that the percent levels are based upon the average spending on the federal employees health plan of 4600 or so. So the idea is based on the concept that if you spent 4600 on health care you would pay 40, 30,20,or 10% of the amount your self. Since there is an out of pocket limit if for example you had $1,000,000 in medical bills you would pay .6% out of pocket. I had wondered what the basis for the percentages was and after a couple of hours found a post telling actuaries what the base amount was for the percentages.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by meierlde View Post
By a bit of surfing the web I found out that the percent levels are based upon the average spending on the federal employees health plan of 4600 or so. So the idea is based on the concept that if you spent 4600 on health care you would pay 40, 30,20,or 10% of the amount your self. Since there is an out of pocket limit if for example you had $1,000,000 in medical bills you would pay .6% out of pocket. I had wondered what the basis for the percentages was and after a couple of hours found a post telling actuaries what the base amount was for the percentages.
Interesting. Thanks. I knew the Humana rep but I didn't know all these details.