ACA sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This e-mail message was just received from healthcare.gov on Friday evening. I registered on their mailing list several weeks ago, but had no activity this week - this is a generic message.

Anybody here named Kathy? ;)

We are continuing to experience tremendous demand at HealthCare.gov during the first week of Open Enrollment. We know some of you are having trouble getting to the application and we are sorry for any delays.Thanks for your patience, and please keep trying!​

Here’s what we’re doing to make things better:​

• Extra space for more users to get onto the system​
  • More technicians working around the clock to find problems and fix them​
  • More trained representatives ready to take your calls at our Marketplace toll-free number​
  • New pathways to get you to the application faster​
These improvements and others have cut the wait times by one-third, and more people are successfully applying and shopping in the Marketplace.​
We appreciate your patience and look forward to helping you get quality, affordable coverage just like Kathy did on Wednesday night: http://hlthc.re/1buqPFb

If you need help with your Marketplace application, you can contact the 24/7 call center, use the live chat function, or go to LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find an in-person assister in your community.​

You have 6 months to enroll
Remember you have until December 15 to sign up for health coverage that will start January 1, 2014. And you’ve got 178 days left to get covered - the Open Enrollment period runs until March 31, 2014.​

I have a spreadsheet that someone sent me that appears to have the rates nationwide by county. I tried to upload it but couldn't. What is the file size limit? This Excel file is 7 MB. I think everyone would want to see this.

I think it's mostly volume related. I just tried during lunch and it went right in ( I had already created an account in August ). I put in all the information and got all the way to the end about 15 minutes I think. I got to where it was doing something call ID proofing and seemed to go offline at that point. Not sure if it was supposed to or not. It said something they would contact me when ID proofing was complete.

It was pretty easy to do if the system can handle the volume.

UPDATE: I just logged back in and it shows my app status as IN PROGRESS and has ID #.

As others have mentioned, no real rush. Things will improve as the curiosity wears off

Good to hear!

OMG, ACA (the website) is using Oracle Access Manager for user authentication. Heavily modified its actually a very good product. Out of the box it doesnt scale. Been there, done that.

OMG, ACA (the website) is using Oracle Access Manager for user authentication. Heavily modified its actually a very good product. Out of the box it doesnt scale. Been there, done that.

It's a good way to try to sell a lot of professional services to large installations...

Decided to start early, and after a couple of tries was able to create my account and verify identity. I started the application, but was unable to complete it because it asks for DW's naturalization certificate number. :facepalm:

I know exactly where it is, and as soon as we get back to Florida I'll get it. Hmmm, what to do in the meantime. The application process says I can set that step aside and provide it later, but won't let me continue. Surprise.

Papers, please.

I was able to create my account and get verified and actually started an application. I skipped the subsidy because I'm not sure I'll limit my income to qualify and I can always take it as a refund and the system is so screwed up I don't care to jump through those hoops now. Put in my info but then it jumps right to plans without any way for me to enter DW's info. Called the help number and spoke to two people. Both were very nice but totally clueless. Looks like the only way I can add DW is to withdraw my application and start over. Ugh!

As per the attachment below, I just got it this morning also. :facepalm:

There have been a few times in the last couple days I got to the last screen, but each time there is an error when trying to submit about one system or the other not being available.

Been trying to upload verification documents for 3 days, always getting the error. This morning I must have finally got in at the right moment and got a success message on uploading a drivers license. Now I guess I am to wait on a confirmation email.... Now my profile says verification pending.

I had to create a new account a few times in order to get an application to work right. For whatever reasons, some of my applications ran into problems such as failing ID verification due to having my credit report locked; or the system refusing to apply my information that I entered. They accepted it at the first step, but in the review step it reverted back to something else entirely.

The system allows you to create a new account using a different email. If you hit a technical brick wall with your application, that may be an option.

Otherwise, there appears to be no way to delete, start a new application, or obtain support. When I tried the chat and phone options they only could tell me the site problems were due to it being busy and to try later or to fill out a paper application.

So ... There IS hope.

Apparently the planets and the moon and sim aligned and I was able to complete the process, choose health and dental coverage and enroll. Afterwards, I realized that I had "nothing" as confirmation, no email, no confirmation number, nothing.

So, on a whim, I just called the 1-800 number. Not surprisingly, when I told the guy who answered that I'd successfully navigated the system and had enrolled, he responded "really? You've been able to enroll? Can you give me the phone number you're using so that I can verify that?"

He asked a few more identification questions and then said,"wow, congratulations. It's great to hear that you were able to do it, I'll need to tell everyone here."

(I'm NOT making it up!)

At any rate, according to him, I should hear from the insurance company within 72 hours, via email, to provide information as to premium payment arrangements, etc. he gave me an 800 number to call them in the event I don't hear from them by Tuesday but, and I made sure to ask a second time, "you can see by your records that I am actually enrolled and the system is showing everything is good to go."

His answer, "yes sir! And congratulations again on getting through the system." (That's a direct quote).

So....I guess I'll wait until post-Tuesday and hopefully not have to start down the rabbit trail with Blue Cross to see if they actually have the information to proceed.

(More to come by Wednesday!)

Decided to start early, and after a couple of tries was able to create my account and verify identity. I started the application, but was unable to complete it because it asks for DW's naturalization certificate number. :facepalm: I know exactly where it is, and as soon as we get back to Florida I'll get it. Hmmm, what to do in the meantime. The application process says I can set that step aside and provide it later, but won't let me continue. Surprise. Papers, please.

A bit off-topic... I've run into this sort of thing several times over the last decade or so. "You need the county and Certificate number of my father's death certificate?!??"

I've scanned in pretty much every legal document. Birth, death, marriage, vehicle title, deeds... They all go into an encrypted disk image on a little USB drive on my keyring. If I don't happen to have a laptop computer with me, I can usually find one (an Apple machine in my case, that can handle this disk image) that I can use to print or view whatever bit of weird data the local bureaucrat wants. There's also a little bit of software on the drive for doing things like antivirus checks and viewing the documents.

Update. Today's tiny step toward ACA health care insurance is that I was able to sign into my account and see that my identity is still not verified (even though Mr Experian verified me on the phone yesterday) but today I was able to upload my document (drivers license scan) and it said my upload was accepted. WooHoo! Progress.

I tried to proceed anywhere on the site and it still wanted my contact info re-entered and then locked up.

Have any of you in states that must use the Federal Exchange been able to get far enough to actually see your subsidy and policy options? I know some here have gotten that far but it seems to be in states with their own exchange.

I got on after changing to chrome, not sure if that had anything to do with it. Then the password screen, I'd set up my account in August. Well now waiting for new password. Called got in right away to a gal, who was probably reading from a script. She was helpful as she could be, suggested it may take several hours to receive email. She apologized several times for the problems their having. Not a bad customer experience, but we still got a ways to go.

MRG

Update 24 hours later, still no email. Called again was told that all emails have gone through eventually. Suggested waiting another 24 hours, as some emails have taken 2 days. No its not in another folder.

They did offer to sent paper application, maybe tomorrow I'll head in that direction. Yes I was able to make the rep laugh a little.

MRG

A bit off-topic... I've run into this sort of thing several times over the last decade or so. "You need the county and Certificate number of my father's death certificate?!??"

I've scanned in pretty much every legal document. Birth, death, marriage, vehicle title, deeds... They all go into an encrypted disk image on a little USB drive on my keyring. If I don't happen to have a laptop computer with me, I can usually find one (an Apple machine in my case, that can handle this disk image) that I can use to print or view whatever bit of weird data the local bureaucrat wants. There's also a little bit of software on the drive for doing things like antivirus checks and viewing the documents.
Right. I thought I had a copy of all our key docs. It never occurred to me we would need her naturalization certificate. After all, she carries a US passport, that is enough to prove citizenship everywhere else, including the US border and entry ports. I called some friends, all naturalized citizens. None know where their certificates are. This is going to be interesting.

Update. Today's tiny step toward ACA health care insurance is that I was able to sign into my account and see that my identity is still not verified (even though Mr Experian verified me on the phone yesterday) but today I was able to upload my document (drivers license scan) and it said my upload was accepted. WooHoo! Progress.
Same here. Was finally able to upload my license scan today as well. We'll see. I was told I was verified on the phone yesterday but it didn't register today, either. Good grief....

I assume a few people have managed to get all the way through the process on the federal exchange, but I don't personally know any.

I'm waiting until next month to try as we still live in NY and won't have valid TX identification until we finalize the move. Hopefully everything will go smoothly! :D

My appreciation to all of you for helping to de-bug the programming now. :)

I assume a few people have managed to get all the way through the process on the federal exchange, but I don't personally know any.

I did get through the application process and am on the federal exchange. This was on Friday however. I assume my situation is similar to the one above where now I need to wait to hear from the insurance company or something in the next few days.

Below is a screenshot of literally what I got at the end of the process after selecting the plan.

I also appear to have got a subsidy at the 138-150% FPL. There was an eligibility report; but, clicking on it didn't do anything. I have discretionary income so I will make that much by choice. This year I will accelerate some income and get my monthly expenses low enough to sustain that starting in 2014. Sadly, it makes no sense to make any more than that unless it is much more. Almost any increase over that amount would go to increased premiums and out of pocket.

Also, I would recommend unfreezing both Experian and Equifax locks if you have your credit reports frozen. I read in one of the documents that Equifax can be part of the equation used to verify income. Experian for ID verification.

Also in plan selection, look for multi state options if you are concerned about your provider network. In my state, the multi state policies were the only way to get the full tier of providers. It will cost a little more (~$70 per month).

You can also do some rate shopping including subsidies at this site without having to register and everything:
http://www.valuepenguin.com/ppaca/exchanges/

It seemed to show the same rates and subsidies as I saw on the exchange. Only the copay assistance was not reflected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.33.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 8.33.29 PM.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Update. Today's tiny step toward ACA health care insurance is that I was able to sign into my account and see that my identity is still not verified (even though Mr Experian verified me on the phone yesterday) but today I was able to upload my document (drivers license scan) and it said my upload was accepted. WooHoo! Progress. I tried to proceed anywhere on the site and it still wanted my contact info re-entered and then locked up. Have any of you in states that must use the Federal Exchange been able to get far enough to actually see your subsidy and policy options? I know some here have gotten that far but it seems to be in states with their own exchange.

Yes ... I've gotten thru the entire process and have actually enrolled.

NOW the question, based on some things I've been reading, is seeing if Blue Cross ever actually receives the data from the Federal exchange. They give no confirmation number, haven't received a confirmation email either. Just a "congratulations" and my enrollment is now listed as "locked" (whatever that means).

It appears I have been able to submit our application on the Exchange.

I have identity verification issues so I was required to upload identity information. I sent a scanned page that included my passport, my DL, and my substitute teacher ID card.

I tried to upload this file on the second day but I could never get it to work. It worked tonight.

I registered early this morning and started an application. I did not complete the application as I used estimated income amounts assuming I would be retired at this year end.

Do you have to complete an application b/4 you can see the various plans available? I can't find a way to see what insurers are available and the costs.

Appreciate any help on accessing information and costs without completing an application.

I registered early this morning and started an application. I did not complete the application as I used estimated income amounts assuming I would be retired at this year end.

Do you have to complete an application b/4 you can see the various plans available? I can't find a way to see what insurers are available and the costs.

Appreciate any help on accessing information and costs without completing an application.

Try a site called value penguin. It should easily show you plans and subsidies. Out of pocket assistance does not seem to be reflected though.

Combine that with the kaiser calculator. If your income shows you are eligible for a plan with an actuarial value of more than 70%, that should also mean lower out of pocket with silver plans.

On the federal exchange, you can see a spreadsheet type listing you can filter out to see a broad overview of the plans and sample rates (see post above yours).

There is also a FAQ elsewhere on this forum with many helpful links as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom