Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #681
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
I described in a previous post somewhere that I signed up through CoveredCa.com (the state web site) on Nov 1. The state was supposed to start sending completed applications to the insurers by mid-November. It looks like they did just that.

Last Tuesday my HMO posted a bill to me for my first payment under the new plan. The bill arrived today, and I paid it. So, it looks like I am done, signed up, paid, and covered for January 2014. I spent less than an hour on the whole process. The previous time I bought insurance, filling out the applications including the health history data took about 6 hours.
Here's hoping mine is coming right behind yours. I'm still waiting, and I signed up with Covered CA about that time, too.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #682
Recycles dryer sheets

I enrolled today and got to the payment section. Of course there was no way to pay. The notice that was posted said the "plan" would contact us in a few days. I will wait only until next Monday and if I have not heard from anyone by that time I will call them.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #683
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Retiree View Post
Here's hoping mine is coming right behind yours. I'm still waiting, and I signed up with Covered CA about that time, too.
Me too. I called Anthem Blue Cross yesterday and was glad to hear they had our info and the correct premium. I was told we should receive our bill soon.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #684

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post

Me too. I called Anthem Blue Cross yesterday and was glad to hear they had our info and the correct premium. I was told we should receive our bill soon.
Thanks for posting this! You saved me the call. :-)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #685
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Retiree View Post
Thanks for posting this! You saved me the call. :-)
You might still want to call. Make sure you didn't fall through the cracks somehow.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #686

Everyone so happy about getting a bill from their insurance company!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #687

Apparently another glitch in the system- Form 834 errors which CMS so far refuses to discuss. Folks may get through the web site enrollment process & get "confirmation", but not really be enrolled by the carrier.

New Obamacare Headache: Is Your Enrollment Real? - ABC News
Old 12-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #688
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERhoosier View Post
Apparently another glitch in the system- Form 834 errors which CMS so far refuses to discuss. Folks may get through the web site enrollment process & get "confirmation", but not really be enrolled by the carrier.

Wow not testing a brand new systems output, how original. Never in IT career have I seen such a comedic implementation of errors that should have been caught in testing. Don't get me wrong there's always errors you miss, but you focus on what you can test, and what has to work. Outputs are where you start.

MRG
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #689
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERhoosier View Post

It's hard to know for sure but I have to like my chances with this letter I received late last week:

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 12-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #690
Give me a forum ...

Hey, I got the exact same letter, and I enrolled directly with the company (off exchange). So something is working!

But I do encourage everyone to contact your insurance company if they have not yet contacted you.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #691
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
It's hard to know for sure but I have to like my chances with this letter I received late last week:

How long did it take from when you enrolled to when you got your letter?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #692
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
How long did it take from when you enrolled to when you got your letter?
I enrolled on November 16. While that is the date on my letter, I didn't get this until late last week. Though I did get e-mail confirmation of enrollment on the next day (November 17) and a call from BCBS on the 18th.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #693
Recycles dryer sheets

Same with me. I am enrolled, and waiting to be able to pay. Waiting for the Insurance Co to contact me. I'll wait till Friday, and will call them if I don't hear. Good luck to those of us at this stage of the 'game'
Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #694
Recycles dryer sheets

I created an account, but I've been unable to login for 3 weeks now. Is anybody having the same problem?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #695
Recycles dryer sheets

No login issues here. Have you checked real early in the morning.

Make sure you have your user name and password correct. I kept forgetting the caps on my user name.

Does it come up with any type of error notice? Also have you tried other browsers? I use Google Chrome.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #696
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
No login issues here. Have you checked real early in the morning.

Make sure you have your user name and password correct. I kept forgetting the caps on my user name.

Does it come up with any type of error notice? Also have you tried other browsers? I use Google Chrome.
No errors, the page just reloads and the UID & password fields go blank as if inviting me to do it over again. Tried Firefox, IE and Chromium in both Windows and Linux, all do the same.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #697
Give me a forum ...

What a disaster!

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #698

I think I can join the ranks of successful. I checked the insurers website again this morning, I had created an account on their site which had a link to the exchange on it. I had applied on the exchanged and enrolled around 11/14. The status has been showing complete/enrolled since then but nothing on the insurer website. This morning the insurer site has my info with eligibility results . I guess the issue I see now is the exchange says I'm enrolled, but the insurer says I'm ready to shop. I'll call them to ask about this.

And yes... I'll never be so happy to pay an insurance bill
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #699
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_at_49 View Post
No errors, the page just reloads and the UID & password fields go blank as if inviting me to do it over again. Tried Firefox, IE and Chromium in both Windows and Linux, all do the same.

I had that problem.
It was corrected by clicking the "I forgot my password" button.
I had to answer my security questions and provide a new password.

After that EVERYTHING worked much better.

I think it's related to the Dec 1st upgrade.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_at_49 View Post
The insurance agent I went to said Chrome's Incognito setting works best on the site because it doesn't accept cookies. That may have changed since the upgrade, but might be worth a try for those still struggling.
Closed Thread