Another vitamin study today - may increase risk of death.................

Cut-Throat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Specifically 'E' 'A' -- I quit taking them about 2 years ago. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do we really know anything about what we should eat? - I think they think they know!

I heard about E and A being suboptimal in higher doses, but that balanced doses were considered good.

Any link to the study?

"No doubt, we are going to see more and more studies trying to demonstrate the danger of taking nutritional supplements."

Agree entirely. With the influence of pharmaceutical companies... the last thing they want to have is people start PREVENTING the very things those companies make billions off of.

People look at me funny when I tell them I don't take any vitamins. :confused:
If you want to LBYM here one area that you can cut out.

I believe in the "every thing in moderation", over dosing on any vitamin can be harmful just as over eating can be. A multi a day is insurance and the only way I'd take anything more than that (other than fish oil) is if tests showed I needed it.

NEWS FLASH.... NEWS FLASH.....

LIVING LONGER MAY INCREASES THE RISK OF DEATH....

A new study has determined that if you live longer, your risk of death increases.... we asked Ralph Bowerman, the leading scientist into the study of 'old age death' what he had found out....

"It baffles the mind" Ralph said. "Our studies have shown that by just getting OLDER, the risk of death increases significantly" said Ralph. It seems that someone in their 80s has a 10 fold chance of dying than someone who is 30. We need more funding from the government to study this phenomenon. "We must get to the bottom of the cause" said Arnold Zukker of the FDA. "We can not abandon our senior citizens to a higher risk of death" he said.

dmpi said:
People look at me funny when I tell them I don't take any vitamins. :confused:
If you want to LBYM here one area that you can cut out.

No vitamins here, either. But vitamins and "food supplements" are probably a good business to be in. It never ceases to amaze me the idiotic things I see on TV in the feel-good fad news story segment. The stories aren't a parody, they really believe it! Typical story - they go into a "nutrition/supplement/?-in-a-bottle" store, where the woman who helps them babbles on about take this and this to "cleanse the toxins from your body". And they just love it.

Telly's Glossary:

Cleanse - To remove

Toxins - Units of monetary exchange located in the wallet

As used in a sentence - "I recommend the full five day toxic cleansing routine, once a month".

Cut-Throat said:
Specifically 'E' 'A' -- I quit taking them about 2 years ago.

I dumped all my E (the synthetic type) a few years ago. Rather than buy the (supposedly) healthier (and expensive) natural E, I simply snack on shelled walnuts from the bulk food store. Walnuts and (esp.) sunflower seeds have lots of natural Vitamin E.

Lots of info at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_e

I never take vitamins either. If you eat properly, why do you need them? You just flush them down the toilet for the most part (literally). :)

Back
Top Bottom