Any Experiences with Long-Term Care Resources (LTCR)?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have a traditional LTC plan which I'm not crazy about. So,thought, won't hurt to keep my eyes open.

About a year ago, received in the mail info from a company called Long-Term Care Resources (LTCR). Is an affinity group member thing. I must have received the mail being an allumni at the university I went to.

Did some searching online and really haven't seen any reviews pro or con of LTCR despite place been around for about 20 years. Even the BBB has zero compliments or complaints.

If other here have real personal experiences good, bad or neutral, feel free to share.

Their site follows:

https://ltcr.com/

My thought... keep looking to get familiar with actual costs and benefits. Remember that most go between services are in business for profit. ie. "A Place for Mom".

Know what you're looking at. It's more than just dollars. Out of curiosity I looked at the map, and couldn't find my area even mentioned.

Naturally, at this point in your life, you haven't given a lot of thought about "where" your long term care would be, and are more concerned about the safety of your investment.

I don't like to give advice, but I would suggest that you become familiar with the kind of care and cost that you might be thinking of for the later years.

Here's what our own small policy looks like. We bought in 1990 with annual payments of $1,000 for each of us. Over the years, that has increased to $1,200 (total/yr. $2400). The guaranty (which sounded pretty good back then), was for three years at $100/day... $36,000/year/each. that covers about 1/2 of our cost for 1 year of nursing home care here. It works out pretty well in our case, as we feel safe.

We live in a house (Villa) in our CCRC here in Peru, Il... To get an idea of what kind of life is offered for LTC, search Liberty Village, Peru, IL. as a point of comparison for services/price.

Best of luck....

Your advice is good.

The biggest feeling I have with my LTC policy is a false sense of security :(.

My policy is with John Hancock that I got over 10 years ago. Looking at consumer reviews, seems there are some horror stories of folks trying to get claims honored with John Hancock. Maybe that's with all LTC, claims. Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom