Join Early Retirement Today

Anybody enrolled with Thrivent Medigap??
Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anybody enrolled with Thrivent Medigap??

I'm told they are highly rated. Never heard of them. But I've never heard of many of the medigap companies.

Not really sure how to compare medigap companies (plan G). I realize they all have to provide the same thing. And the premiums can be differemt.

So how else do you compare? Whether they have good customer service? How would I know?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
I'm told they are highly rated. Never heard of them. But I've never heard of many of the medigap companies.

Not really sure how to compare medigap companies (plan G). I realize they all have to provide the same thing. And the premiums can be differemt.

So how else do you compare? Whether they have good customer service? How would I know?
I used Boomer Benefits. If they deal with Thrivent they can give you feed back and history of premium increases.
SheitlQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:03 PM   #3

If you want to see for yourself a wide range of companies in your state and zipcode, and see the detail that insurance agents see, look at this thread from last year.

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ath-94740.html

I used CSGActuarial.com, and paid $10 for a month of access then. I see that CSG has changed their website, prices were $10 - 20 - 30 versus features, and I went with the $10, I probably should have gone one step up to get more rate change history. Now prices for one state Medicare access are $20 - 30 - 40, I'd go with the $30 now. Remember to cancel before the time is up so you don't get charged a second month.

On their website, click on Quoting, then Individual Plans, Per-State pricing on Medicare Packages.

As my thread from last year says, you can look at a lot of info, how many years in that supplement business, AM Best ratings, discounts, etc. etc., and can run scenarios over and over with any age or sex.

I realize some are not interested in doing this level of detail, preferring someone to just tell them what to do, and trust that someone to work in (your) best interest. That's fine. I'm a bit cynical, and where possible, I would like to get some background on important decisions before I ask for some company's help in doing so. Using CSGActuarial's web tool allowed me to do that. As they say, YMMV.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:52 AM   #4

Thank you for the comments! One more reason this is such a great forum.