Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
Something about the package design is a little suggestive?? Please tell me it's not just me...

Looks like two eyeballs and some hot dogs.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #22

Windsurf, I have heard really good things about the Vibram "shoes". I would very much like to try them out for myself, as a podcast I listen to regularly did a great review of them (the Indie Travel podcast).

Thanks for the reminder about them and the benefits of going barefoot. I still remember the first weeks of hot weather when we'd toughen up our feet as kids on the hot sand in front of our (my oh-so-privileged childhood*) beachfront elementary school. We wouldn't wear shoes again until school started back in the fall and then only sandals until it was too cold!

*def sarcasm, but self-directed

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #23

Windsurf: Well, I'm checking out those shoes, so thanks!
I agree with Sarah's opinion about Haha. He definitely is not (normally--except in unusual circumstances) sarcastic or nasty towards others.

WHAT THE YOGATOES HAVE DONE FOR ME AFTER A WEEK+:

They slowly spread your toes--as well as the pad underneath the toes, which started spreading first allowing your feet to have more platform when you stand--but it helps alot when standing or walking.
Also, the intense pain on my little toe that would actually numb the left side of my foot when I first used the Yoga Toes has slowly died down. And I am actually getting more toe spread from that left foot with the broken toes.
These things are working for me more each day. I'm a believer at this point, so hope they work for Haha, too.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
Also, the intense pain on my little toe that would actually numb the left side of my foot when I first used the Yoga Toes has slowly died down. And I am actually getting more toe spread from that left foot with the broken toes.
These things are working for me more each day. I'm a believer at this point, so hope they work for Haha, too.
Orchidflower, has your little toe changed direction? My little toes point -in- toward the next toe and I have a little bump, like a bunion on my little toes. I'm wondering if the Yoga Toes would correct that. The rest of my toes are pretty straight and spaced well.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #25

Happy2beretired: I don't have them, but the YT are supposed to correct bunions and hammertoes over time.
My toe has not changed direction, because, when I broke it, I taped it to the next toe and that puppy healed bone straight and inflexible. But, if I had a toe that bent toward the next toe, I would think the YT would work better than anything else. That's just my opinion from the results I've had.
One thing I did do before I purchased them is check all the reviews. Amazon.com is a good source to start with and YT website has reviews, too. There are quite a few of them, so you should be able to find others with a similar problem as yours.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #26

Thanks Orchidflower...will check Amazon out. I have such a hard time finding sandles that look nice that are wide enough to fit that bump. The YTs might really help that.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #27

I got the clearance silver colored ones for $25 on the YT website. Why pay $50 just for a different color?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #28

Thanks! I now have silver Yoga Toes on order!!