Join Early Retirement Today
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
It's to the point where if you go to a doctor or dentist, they ask you what meds you're on, and you say "none," they look at you funny and say "Are you SURE?"

Because obviously, you must be losing your memory and forgetting to take your meds!

Same here, and the anesthesiologist took it to another level a few years ago when going in for a minor knee scoping. He asked where I wanted the injection. I said, "How am I supposed to know, your the one that is supposed to know that". He was stunned I had never had a procedure before. Its hard to believe everyone at age 45 has already been under the knife before, but he sure acted like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mulligan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #102
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Watching broadcast TV I'm depressed by the number of drug ads....maybe I need to be on anti-depressants. Big Pharma seems to be inventing conditions to sell you drugs and the latest results of a BP study that recommend getting everyone's BP down below 120/80 will increase the use of BP medication even more.

Several years ago i went to the doctor and had a BP of 160/90 and the doctor gave me a prescription for BP medication right there. I told him I was nervous and that BP is highly variable so I ignored his prescription, bought a BP cuff and took my BP over 2 weeks. I sent the graph to him and as the average was 122/75 I told him I would not be taking the medication.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." - Spock
Retired Mar 2014 at age 52
Target AA: 70% equity funds / 28% TIAA-Traditional/ 2% cash
Target WR: 0.0%,
Income from pension, rent, and eventually SS
nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #103
Originally Posted by emerytura View Post
... I have try many times to stop taking it but everytime after few weeks not taking it my blood pressure will be to high. My doctor told me that I am in danger of getting stroke if I do that. I was told I am stuck with one pill a day to the rest of my life. There is high risk of stroke on my father side, and my father had 3 strokes already, so I know what can happen to me if I refuse to take this medicine.
Sorry that you are stuck with taking one pill for the rest of your life. Why would you even consider not taking it, especially given your family's medical history?
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #104
Dryer sheet aficionado
Hypertension medicine have long list of side effects, and I was worrying about long term use. I was trying to lower it with natural remedies which did not work. Finally I gave up that approach and now I take a daily pill as prescribed.
emerytura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #105
So, statins make it harder to remember to take your statins. Wouldn't you know.

Originally Posted by razztazz View Post
Statins among many others actually cause memory loss.

If you understood everything I say, you'd be me ~ Miles Davis
'There is only one success to be able to spend your life in your own way. Christopher Morley.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote