Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I still heartily endorse medical marijuana use...

I haven't yet started aspirin therapy, as it were, though I'm considering bouncing off my GP on the next visit (the one to see if Tricor has killed my liver lowered my triglycerides). I'm not doctor, but in addition to the blood-thinning effect, hasn't inflammation been implicated in a number of ailments/maladies? Seems a small dose of NSAID might be useful, though I already take ibuprofen for a bum knee...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I haven't yet started aspirin therapy, as it were, though I'm considering bouncing off my GP on the next visit (the one to see if Tricor has killed my liver lowered my triglycerides).
I was taking Fenoglide for my high triglycerides, but my Doc switched me to Tricor a short while back. My triglycerides dropped from 350mg/dl down to 202mg/dl (as of 11-17-08) in just a few weeks. My next visit to the vampire to the Doc for blood work is in mid-January. They're still a bit high, but coming down steadily.

I was doing an aspirin every few days for a long time, but have cut back since being put on b/p meds and Tricor....waiting to see how they work out, before I start doing the aspirin regimen again. So far no problems with either the b/p meds or the Tricor......other than I have to get up during the night to take a wizz. BTW, b/p has dropped from ~174/114 down to a very consistent 120/70.....today it was 115/70......one b/p pill a day.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

i don't follow a daily regimen of asprin, but i do take it frequently due to my upper body RSI chronically acting up. inflammation is an issue with that. FYI, RSI = repetitive strain injury.
i stay away from Tylenol and Alleve for a pain reliever i need to take frequently. i save them for real pain.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #24

My doctor told me to take a baby aspirin every day, but I normally forget to take it. I think I better start up again during the holidays to thin my blood a little.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I still heartily endorse medical marijuana use... ...
D'ya think the FDA might ever, ya know, approve it as a nutrition supplement? Not that I would inhale try it...mind you...

R
Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
D'ya think the FDA might ever, ya know, approve it as a nutrition supplement? Not that I would inhale try it...mind you...

R
For use in place of parsley in the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes--for those family gathering when the turkey's l-tryptophan just isn't enough....
Old 11-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
For use in place of parsley in the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes--for those family gathering when the turkey's l-tryptophan just isn't enough....
When I was a child, mother would give the children a sip of wine after the big feast(s). Looking back, it was probably so we would pass out and the adults could clean up and socialize.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post

R
Weed, and most other illegal drugs, is readily available, or so I hear , the War On Personal Freedoms Drugs notwithstanding...

As for any nutritional value, depends on what you eat to cure the munchies...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote