Attention ANTHEM Shoppers in California

Accidental Retiree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This morning, whilst on hold for an hour with Anthem, I poked around on the CoveredCA Facebook page and found some info.

I learned if you have gotten an application # from Anthem (in California, anyway), you can register on their website with your SSN rather than your plan #.

https://www.anthem.com/health-insurance/login/registration

I tried this, and up popped a Member ID # for me, off to the right.

If you try this, be sure to write down the plan # before the system kicks you off. Others have reported being able to get a temporary ID card printed, too, but I haven't had luck. I keep getting kicked out.

Got ID cards for DH and me

I tried logging in again on DH's laptop, using Firefox, and I was able to log in using my SSN and got a temp ID card printed out.

I then went in and registered DH, but this time I used the Member ID # I had acquired when I printed out my new temporary ID card. It would not take his SSN.

We filled out his profile and then printed out his new ID card and 10 pages of the summary plan doc.

We'll try it out at the pharmacy and see how far we get.

Still no charges on the credit card, but Anthem said in their 5 minutes of phone menus that they have extended the payment deadline for January 1 coverage to January 31.

Back
Top Bottom