Bad Diagnosis for DW

JOHNNIE36

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW has been a diabetic for a couple years now. Within those last years I have noticed her having more and more trouble with the symptoms related to diabetis. Tired frequently, thirsty all the time, and recently noticing some sores on her arms that wouldn't heal properly. Today I finally got her to back to her doctor to get that checked out. She has now been diagnosed as having lupus and a MRSA infection. They call it "mersa". All this is new to me. As I understand it, the lupus is a result of an immune defeciency which results from breast cancer. The double mastectomy and removal of lymph nodes reduced her ability to ward off infections. Hence the MRSA. Another thing they asked her was if there was any American Indian in her history. Yep, she's got some Cherokee blood in her past. Some time back she contacted a staph(?) infection and it almost killed her. Now she has to have some blood work to determine which type and how much antibiotics to administer. She might have to go into the hospital for the first batch of super antibiotic injections. I don't know what to expect. All this I got from her and from looking some things up on Google. Naturally, all this happens on a Friday and you have to sit on pins and needles until next week.

Prayers are requested. Thanks.

I'm not religious but, especially having lost a wife to cancer, I'm certainly cheering you both on.......good luck to you, I hope your lady comes through with flying colors.

An old friend, whose wife died of cancer about 3 1/2 years before mine, passed on to me a thought that was passed on to him by someone else who'd been in the same situation......."Always remember, it's not about you it's about her."

I'm not religious but, especially having lost a wife to cancer, I'm certainly cheering you both on.......good luck to you, I hope your lady comes through with flying colors.

An old friend, whose wife died of cancer about 3 1/2 years before mine, passed on to me a thought that was passed on to him by someone else who'd been in the same situation......."Always remember, it's not about you it's about her."

You're right. Our whole family revolves around DW. It's the second marriage for us but I raised the kids with her. They were seven and eight when we married. That was 39 years ago. She's the matriarch of the entire family. Everyone needs her. My job is to make sure she doesn't give up. She's 73 and age is against her.

Johnnie,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope and pray that your DW comes through with flying colors.

It'll be a tough weekend for you both, just waiting.

omni

I just sent you a PM about my experiences with MRSA. Hope she feels better soon.

Ouch. Sorry about DW's troubles. Since I am part Cherokee also, I was curious about this possible relationship between lupus and Cherokee heritage. I found some posts from Cherokee women on a lupus support forum: WeHaveLupus.com

Your wife will be in my prayers. I hope she improves rapidly.

So sorry to read this. It sounds like she had some very thorough docs and now they'll help move her health forward with careful treatment. May she feel much better in the next few weeks than she has recently.

I am sorry to hear about your wife's medical problems. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Naturally, all this happens on a Friday and you have to sit on pins and needles until next week.

Prayers are requested. Thanks.
Oh my...I know what waiting is all about Johnnie. Maybe y'all could do something different this weekend and try to get your mind off things.

Once you find out for sure what you're dealing with, that's when you can move forward. The both of you will be in my thoughts....and yes, a prayer will be said.

Oh Johnnie, I am so sorry to read that you and your DW are going through this. We are all hoping for the best.

I will add your wife ( and you ) in my daily prayers. There is certainly a lot of illnesses and diseases going around everywhere - it is just overwhelming at times.

Johnnie,

So sorry to hear about your wife's health problems. All the best of luck going forward. Try and be strong for her.

Johnnie,

I'm so sorry you and your wife have this misery to deal with and worry about. Hope she responds to treatment and you have many, many more years together.

Amethyst

I'm so sorry to hear this. She sounds like a remarkable woman to have so many that love and need her. Take extra good care of yourself. She'll need you to be strong.

I am sorry for your trouble Johnnie. Best of fortune to you and your wife.

Ha

Johnnie,
We're all hoping for good news. Let us know what the tests say as soon as possible. Best wishes.

Sending prayers for your wife Johnnie36. Very familiar with MRSA....
Let us know about the tests....

So sorry you have to go through this. I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes. I have many relatives with Type II diabetes, and many of them pulled through stuff like this at much older ages than your DW, so keep the faith.

Johnnie, my thoughts are with your DW, you and all the family. Hang tough and be strong, she needs that right now.

Sending cyber hugs, Queenie

Half the battle is figuring out what's wrong. I wish you and DW all the best.

MRSA is very difficult to eradicate, because all the usual antibiotics don't work. Many people are "colonized" with it on their skin, that is, it's there, but doesn't cause symptoms. Sounds like DW has symptoms, and her other health problems don't help. If she needs to be hospitalized for any reason, this may mean isolation (to prevent other people picking it up).

Wishing you both all the best with this difficult situation.

Back
Top Bottom