Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Thanks for the post Marty...it reminds us all to take good care of our bodies.

I sure hope it's all gone!

Thank you for the kind words & wishes!

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #42

Good luck Marty and take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
However, I know from internet research, it's possible that it could still come back. You can bet I'll be taking this stuff much more seriously from now on.

Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 AM   #43

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis DangerMouse. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I've just been told that I have basal cell carcinoma on one of the sites they biopsied last week.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:31 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

I didn't read through the thread but some of us may be more prone to this, especially as we age. My understanding is that those of us with fair complexion should perhaps be more careful. I've had a squamous and basal cell removed. When I'm working outside I now wear one of those jungle hats with the brim that goes all the way around and try to keep block on.

So get naked with your dermatologist...and if you're a guy you might consider chosing a young pretty one.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #45

Excellent advice!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegs View Post
So get naked with your dermatologist...and if you're a guy you might consider chosing a young pretty one.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Can you post a picture of the offending mole? I'm curious what a "bad" one looks like. Did you ask them to check it out or was it caught during a routine visit?
Maybe one of the Docs wil comment- but I think that basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas are not really moles, but other types of skin cancers.

Ha
Old 11-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #47
Full time employment: Posting here.

warning...25 stitches picture

I just had my 3 chunk (on Monday) of skin taken out (over about 10 years I'm 53)....first one from the head. None of them "serious".......I don't mind the scars....rather get rid of the skin. Damn, sure wish I had access to more sun screen (and smart enough to use it) when I was young. Got a wimpy facelift out of it though. Now if I could just rid of the fat without having to diet..... apologies if the pic is found too disgusting. My mother had so many of them taken out over the years before she died that I just got used to things like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1Nov10 015.jpg (458.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #48

Thanks F4mandolin. I may post one of mine in the next day or two. Now, it's just a reddish scar...getting a little better & lighter each day.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

After reading this thread this morning I decided to try to look at a red slightly sore thing on the back of my neck. I couldn't really see it very well, so I went to see my dermatologo. Whatever the thing was, it's gone now. He took something else for good measure.

Somebody please post about being propositioned by pretty 25 year olds.

Haq
Old 11-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #50
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pretty 25 year olds..........

Hmmmmm, is this where my wife whumps on me with a baseball bat? Hmmm, she is British..........Cricket bat? Darts? Empty pint glasses?