BCBS website allow download file (CSV) claims?

eroscott

Full time employment: Posting here.
My family has used Cigna for a number of years. One of the benefits that I love is that I can download the data (CSV excel/google sheet) on services, amount billed, what the plan paid, and what I owe (deductible).

This was extremely useful after a car accident and keeping organized on the bills over a couple of years as one example.

We are looking at BCBS in our current state (IL) and possible future state (NC?) for ACA plans when the SO retires next year.

Can anyone please share with me if BCBS allows this type of data download? My googling feng shui has not helped me. Plus I don't know if this is the type of BCBS thing that would vary by state. I was hoping they were on common backend and website systems at a highlevel.

5b7Prl7.jpg

gN2Bc0c.jpg

Last edited:
The BCBC organizations are different, [-]so it would help if you specified the state.[/-]

Last edited:
Roger that. It would also help if I read the posts more thoroughly before replying. :)

Edit to add - I checked Florida Blue, and they have the option of CSV export.

Last edited:
NC:
Thank you for the BCBS NC info and FYI on FL.
There doesn't appear to be a lot of choices in NC but the BCBS seems pretty progressive/modern/customer-focused. Of course, we are talking about large companies that are 'for profit'. I follow them on FaceBook (yes, PR) and have done some research.

IL:
I didn't realize BCBS IL was 1 of 5 managed by Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) headquartered in IL and around since 1936. I haven't found anything on claim downloads. They do have a nice blog showing their EOBs and I see they have android/iPhone apps. I may try to contact them as a prospective customer to see if they will tell me anything.

General:
I was thinking we may go to BCBS IL next year via ACA in that it would provide some familiarity with BCBS but if they are all independent then perhaps there is no familiarity 'factor' that would be advantageous.

Back
Top Bottom