BMI scale

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I went to a hospital last week and was put on a weight scale. I didn't pay much attention to it, but the paper work they gave me back had not only my weight on it, but also my BMI....

Do some weight scales calculate your BMI? How do they do figure that out exactly? They didn't check my height or anything else for that matter...

Some modern bathroom scales will not only report BMI, but also body fat, water content, and bone mass.

But don't expect accuracy, just a very rough estimate. The measurement is based on simple impedance, as a very tiny electrical current is passed through your body (from one foot to the other).

I look in the mirror when I get out of the shower.....there is NO fancy scale on earth or numeric calculation that can beat "the mirror".

I think I'm gonna take my mirror down!!!!!

But don't expect accuracy, just a very rough estimate. The measurement is based on simple impedance, as a very tiny electrical current is passed through your body (from one foot to the other).

Ah, that's what it is. I've calculated mine and it's ~23 or so but the scale shows in the mid 30's and I was wondering where that number came from.

I look in the mirror when I get out of the shower.....there is NO fancy scale on earth or numeric calculation that can beat "the mirror".

I think I'm gonna take my mirror down!!!!!

That would be too cruel....

Back
Top Bottom