Bowflex Enhancements

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've made a few improvements to our Bowflex that I thought I'd pass along in case anyone else would use them, and to show how clever I am. ;)

First, color coding helps since the resistance of the rods isn't shown on their tops (where you need it).

BowflexColorCoding.jpg

Next, instead of buying a "rejuvenator" to keep the rods vertical, you can use some dowels.

BowflexRodsWithDowels.jpg

Third, there is no "compound row" exercise available, unless you add an attachment like this:

CompoundRow.jpg

And, best, here is an attachment that allows you to do a leg press:

LegPress.jpg

Very clever!

Like the dowel idea, I'll give it a try. The XTL model that I have has a bench and a horizontal sliding seat that allows you to do leg presses and row exercises.

I have the xlt also, so I won't need the leg press gizmo. The xlt's rod tops are too tall for the color coding to be seen. But I'm definitely going with the dowels. Thanks for posting.

The mods aren't needed with my Ultimate XLTU either (below), but Al is way ahead on $ and his rig needs less space, wish I had been that smart.

Attachments

• bowflex_ultimate_xtlu.jpg
    bowflex_ultimate_xtlu.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 96
One more enhancement: When I do the underhanded pulldown, I lift off the seat. I haven't figured it out, but if I do the lateral pulldown (hands further apart) I don't come off the seat.

But for the underhanded one, I finally finished making something to hold me down. The metal rod and the cushions are from the leg extension attachment, which I never use.

img_1165728_0_f092c7643cafc20f51eacffa9229116a.jpg

img_1165728_1_386f14c2b65f56f736c6a77e965f5829.jpg

img_1165728_2_8770c1be126088aa502dad731cbe8213.jpg

Slick Al.

Did anyone ever tell you that in profile you look like Dave Letterman?

Ha

I guess all that extra weight I carry finally serves a purpose, keeps my behind on the seat. Good idea but that's one attachment I won't be needing for awhile.

Clever solution! I noticed that I lift off the seat when I use my (Bowflex) lat tower for pulldowns. I just consider my body weight the practical limit of those exercises, and use others instead. I'd have to rig up some sort of seat belt...

Back
Top Bottom