Cancer Insurance

"BLuescat, what other health insurance were you carrying, and why did they not pay some or all of the charges that your cancer insurance picked up? Were they deductibles and co-pays mostly? Do you know what the AFLAC premiums were, ball park?"

I haveBC/BS and they pay 90% minus my deductable. AFLAC paid me directly. I would have to look up exactly what the benefits were, but some of it was a daily rate for my radiation therapy, a one time payment of $25 X the number of months the policy was in force, a payment for chemo injections, a drug and medicine benefit, a lab and diagnostic benefit, a hospital confinement benefit, anesthesia benefit, and possibly a couple others. As I said the family coverage was right at $25 a month for a long time but has risen to about $37 a month now.

"BLuescat, what other health insurance were you carrying, and why did they not pay some or all of the charges that your cancer insurance picked up? Were they deductibles and co-pays mostly? Do you know what the AFLAC premiums were, ball park?"

I haveBC/BS and they pay 90% minus my deductable. AFLAC paid me directly. I would have to look up exactly what the benefits were, but some of it was a daily rate for my radiation therapy, a one time payment of $25 X the number of months the policy was in force, a payment for chemo injections, a drug and medicine benefit, a lab and diagnostic benefit, a hospital confinement benefit, anesthesia benefit, and possibly a couple others. As I said the family coverage was right at $25 a month for a long time but has risen to about $37 a month now.
So some of the benefits you received from AFLAC went to compensate you for services already covered in whole or in part by BCBS.

It's a nice benefit for you, but might not be what others are looking for in a health insurance policy, except in covering true expenses not covered by BCBS, such as deductibles, etc. Do I have that right?

Glad for you that you got paid with no hassle.

So some of the benefits you received from AFLAC went to compensate you for services already covered in whole or in part by BCBS.

It's a nice benefit for you, but might not be what others are looking for in a health insurance policy, except in covering true expenses not covered by BCBS, such as deductibles, etc. Do I have that right?

Glad for you that you got paid with no hassle.

Yes, you are right, thats why I did not chime in earlier and recomend this type of policy. What I recomend is "AFLAC" to someone looking for this type of policy. I doubt I could have had a better experience with another company.

Back
Top Bottom