Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

DH is on Marinol (synthetic THC) because his appetite is depressed. Even in our backward state it's perfectly legal, and my sister said it's been around at least since she was in med school in the late 1980s.

We have to be careful with it; DH once wasn't talking sense and I think it was the interaction between an anti-nausea drug he'd taken for the first time, and the Marinol. They recently suggested doubling his dosage of Marinol but that also seems to affect his cognitive function, so we've gone from one 2X/day to one 3X/day.

I have no urge to try MJ again, medicinal or otherwise. It would make me sleepy and create an urge to eat junk food. I don't need either.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
DH is on Marinol (synthetic THC) because his appetite is depressed. Even in our backward state it's perfectly legal, and my sister said it's been around at least since she was in med school in the late 1980s.

We have to be careful with it; DH once wasn't talking sense and I think it was the interaction between an anti-nausea drug he'd taken for the first time, and the Marinol. They recently suggested doubling his dosage of Marinol but that also seems to affect his cognitive function, so we've gone from one 2X/day to one 3X/day.

I have no urge to try MJ again, medicinal or otherwise. It would make me sleepy and create an urge to eat junk food. I don't need either.

I tried Marinol (never MJ) when I was on chemo had was losing weight due to nausea. Had a very strange head rush and uncontrollable shaking reaction for about 10 minutes that scared the crap out of my wife and I so I never tried it again.

I am happy it works for some though.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:08 PM   #43
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
63, no meds, excellent health. debt free. stupid is hard to fix, but aggressive driving can be fixed with a little bowl. i smoke and drive all the time as it takes the ricky racer out of me. if i find that i'm riding too fast on my motorcycle, i stop and smoke a bowl. makes my tires last longer
5 Facts About Marijuana and Driving High
Old 10-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
63, no meds, excellent health. debt free. stupid is hard to fix, but aggressive driving can be fixed with a little bowl. i smoke and drive all the time as it takes the ricky racer out of me. if i find that i'm riding too fast on my motorcycle, i stop and smoke a bowl. makes my tires last longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
I'm not sure what point you (Sam Adams) were trying to make, but reading the article sounds like Kitesurfer2 is on the right track. As long as he's not overdoing it, smoking a little while driving is not a bad thing. Especially if you wait a bit before heading out. Any impairment tends to be countered by decreased aggression and more focus. And anybody who smokes knows that mixing pot with alcohol and then driving is a bad idea.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

Sam Adams, i have already read that, as well as every other morsel of 'facts' that i could find. my limits is two beers with dinner. more than that and i know i am impared. I also know how much pot i can smoke and when driving , never more than one hit. and like the article says, i do sit and enjoy the buzz for a bit before driving/riding. When running out of arthrituus medicine 4 years ago, i knew i needed a change. no more medicines, no more doctors.