Cataract Surgery

Versed was wonderful for me, too. It really calmed me down and made the surgery so easy.
Yeah, I'm thinking it would be great to have a supply of this stuff to get through the election. :cool:

One-week follow up with optho yesterday. My right eye now tests 20/20. All systems go for left eye one week from today.

One new bit of info which I inferred from my experience and confirmed with the optho. Since they used a toric lens to fix the astigmatism, it is a single focus lens that is "set for distance". I knew that I would need reading glasses. But I have also noticed that "intermediate distances" like computer screen and even a bit farther out, are not crisp -- much better than old eye but still not as good as the correction I get with my progressive lenses in my glasses (when they were new). The optho confirmed that the toric lens cannot be multi-focal and that I would definitely need glasses to read (this I knew) and possibly a mid-range lens for computer work -- this may end up being a bifocal reader. I was relieve to learn that this is normal and not something that wasn't working with the new implant.

One-week follow up with optho yesterday. My right eye now tests 20/20. All systems go for left eye one week from today.

right on - DW actually SAW a few of my golf shots yesterday and found a few balls in the rough (not mine) - getting left eye done Tuesday

right on - DW actually SAW a few of my golf shots yesterday and found a few balls in the rough (not mine) - getting left eye done Tuesday

After my surgeries I found a house about a quarter mile away! We've been here ten years too.☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Woo-hoo!!! What a TERRIFIC outcome. :dance: Congratulations and I'm hoping results are just as good for your left eye after it is done too.
Great!! It is wonderful to be able to SEE. :D Congratulations to your DW.
After my surgeries I found a house about a quarter mile away! We've been here ten years too.☺
:ROFLMAO: Believe me, I can relate! After my surgeries F took me for drives around town, just so I could see it with my "new eyes". I saw signs and other things I did not even know were there.

The day after my surgery I was shaving and I thought to myself "things look real crisp but they seem smaller/farther away." Then I thought "you dumb-ass, when you couldn't see, you stuck your face right up to the mirror -- they are farther away now."

The day after my surgery I was shaving and I thought to myself "things look real crisp but they seem smaller/farther away." Then I thought "you dumb-ass, when you couldn't see, you stuck your face right up to the mirror -- they are farther away now."

:LOL:

It's been six months since my cataract surgeries. It is still surprising and amazing to me when I awaken each morning and the instant I open my eyes, I can SEE every detail on the ceiling over my bed, and then look around and can SEE every tiny detail of my bedroom, all with no glasses on. Simply incredible and what a great way to begin the day.

Just a little tidbit I though might amuse you.

I recently learned that one of my neighbors had cataract surgery last month. I didn't talk to him just beforehand, but he says he wasn't nervous at all; he has great faith in modern medicine.

He's 93 years old and was still running his family business until about a year ago.

Although some people are obviously put on Earth just to serve as bad examples, there are others who are clearly here to serve as inspirations to the rest of us.

Just a little tidbit I though might amuse you.

I recently learned that one of my neighbors had cataract surgery last month. I didn't talk to him just beforehand, but he says he wasn't nervous at all; he has great faith in modern medicine.

He's 93 years old and was still running his family business until about a year ago.

Although some people are obviously put on Earth just to serve as bad examples, there are others who are clearly here to serve as inspirations to the rest of us.
I suspect that if you get to mid-90s in generally good health, your attitude in general is pretty pragmatic. When I lived in Milwaukee, there was a daughter/mother duo living next door. The mother was ~94 and would walk into the shopping street every day -- about a mile there and a mile back. I ran into her one day and and commented on how I noticed her out walking every day. Her reply: "When you are walking, you aren't dead."

Just got back from my left eye surgery. Second eye tested 20/20 in the morning following surgery :dance:. Should know in April what I need for readers/middle distance.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this great thread. It was truly helpful -- as was the Versed!

Great, jebmke! Glad your eye surgery went well this morning. Nothing like 20/20 vision, for sure. I got my readers between my first eye being done and my second eye. What I did was to try on the ones at Walgreens ($20+ each!! :eek:), and then, knowing the magnification I needed, I ordered some from Amazon at 3 for $10 which was 1/6th the price. After the second eye was done, I went back to Walgreens and verified that the magnification I chose was still OK.

Last edited:
DW had the other eye done Tuesday. Now she can really see!

tell me about it...

the worst part is now she's cruising around town spending $$$$ on antiques we don't need
You don't need. She clearly does. :)

Good to know her cataracts were successfully cleared.

Congrats to everyone with their successful surgeries. I will go back and reread this thread when it is my time.

Back
Top Bottom