Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #201
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So happy you are done with both eyes and that everything went so well! Now you can take it easy while you recover and soon be back to all the things that make retirement so wonderful.
powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #202
Administrator

Great news, pleased to hear that your 2nd surgery went well.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post

+1!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #204
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
+2!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #205

Wonderful!
ejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #206

Happy to hear all went well. Take it easy and enjoy being waited on.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #207
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Good to hear.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:26 PM   #208
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
+3
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #209
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Their harmony is better than their anatomy, but it's a fun song!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #210
Recycles dryer sheets

So glad the second surgery went well. Sit back and relax for a few days.
Likes_to_Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #211
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes_to_Lurk View Post
So glad the second surgery went well. Sit back and relax for a few days.
Good idea! It's very convenient to be retired, so I can easily have that luxury.

Tomorrow I will have my one day checkup with the ophthalmologist, but that is the only thing on my schedule for the next few days.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #212

W2R, Glad to hear that all went well for your second surgery.
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #213
gone traveling

Glad it went well, and oh, what an appropriate avatar!
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #214
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Glad it went well, and oh, what an appropriate avatar!
Ha ha!!! Thanks, and thanks. My present left eye may not look as youthful, but it can sure can see better than it could when that avatar photo was taken.

I am just resting and napping off and on this afternoon. I'm not used to getting up at 4:30 AM in retirement, like I did this morning.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #215
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! Just keep up on the eyedrop schedules, and you are home free (less deductible and copay, of course).
M Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #216
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Paquette View Post
Congratulations! Just keep up on the eyedrop schedules, and you are home free (less deductible and copay, of course).
Thank you!

No deductible or co-pay, luckily. I pay as much for my "BCBS Standard" federal employee/retiree health insurance as I did before I retired, and didn't get a reduction when I started Medicare (which is primary). So, now that I am retired and on Medicare, BCBS gives me zero deductible and picks up the co-pay. I'd imagine Medicare's contribution more than makes up for that. All I have to pay is my share of drug costs, which so far has been $142.50. I paid it with my Amazon Visa so I get 2% back in rewards. Had I had this surgery before Medicare kicked in, I think I would be paying a lot more.

I am rigorously working on the eyedrops; just put one in each eye, and have a different one to put in each eye right now. Also I trying to keep myself from mauling my eye even though it itches now and then. A very light dab of a clean tissue seems to help the itching (so I am trying to substitute that for scratching or rubbing).

Old 10-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #217

Good news about the second surgery being as successful as the first. Let Frank take care of you and enjoy that comfy easy chair.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #218
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Good news about the second surgery being as successful as the first. Let Frank take care of you and enjoy that comfy easy chair.
Thanks, I will do just that. It is so comfy, and even more so now that it is in my new house instead of the old one where this photo was taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chair_best.jpg (50.3 KB, 15 views)

Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
......I am rigorously working on the eyedrops; just put one in each eye, and have a different one to put in each eye right now. Also I trying to keep myself from mauling my eye even though it itches now and then. A very light dab of a clean tissue seems to help the itching (so I am trying to substitute that for scratching or rubbing).
Is the itching due to the surgery or something else? I had surgery to remove cysts inside my eye lids and it was itchy at the incision like there was a scab. I know a lot of people that have had cataract surgery but I didn't realize you had to use so many eye drops. Glad things are going well.
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #220
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitwdw View Post
Is the itching due to the surgery or something else? I had surgery to remove cysts inside my eye lids and it was itchy at the incision like there was a scab. I know a lot of people that have had cataract surgery but I didn't realize you had to use so many eye drops. Glad things are going well.
Thank you! I'm not sure if the itching is because of the surgery, because of mild allergies, or simply because I know that I can't scratch or rub my eyes right now so of course I want to DO those things.

Two hours ago I had my post-op checkup and all went well. I mentioned the itching to the doctor but he didn't seem too concerned. He said that all is well and to come back in 2 weeks, instead 1 week as usually scheduled.

The driver's license place was jammed, with not even one parking place, so we put off getting my new "no glasses needed" driver's license until Monday. With F living right next door he is happy to drive me around as desired. I don't really have anywhere I need to go this weekend anyway.