Cataract surgery day 2

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
first report yesterday is here

8am checkup with Dr, all is well. Dr was very pleased. Pressure was 14.
Bad right eye was 20/70, today distance is 20/20
Will take a few days to evaluate intermediate and up close vision, a little blurry for now, but that's expected. I think the brain is realizing someone moved the furniture in there and has to re-establish some sort of pathways. A very little tearing (water tears, not something torn) and a touch of itching but on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being a problem), I'm at a 1. 3 bottles of drops, total 10 drops a day. Cover eye at night with a patch.
Left eye is 20/40 and giving me a little distortion in competing with the new eye.
Trip to optometrist to insert 'planos' (blank glass) into regular glasses and sunglasses. Will use those for about 3 weeks until left eye is finished. Cost for both is $50, but better than looking goofier than my normal self or wearing the big ass sunglasses on our trip to San Antonio this weekend.
One week of no golf, heavy exercise or bending, lifting over 20lbs... I can live with that.
YMMV but so far so good for me. It's certainly not like 'flipping a switch' and having Superman vision. It's a process and I'm glad I'm well on the way. Cheers.. Bob

Last edited:
Congrats on your new "perspective". Your journey sounds similar to mine, except I went with ReZoom in my dominant eye and Restore in my other eye.
When I had my "retooling", using a combo gave me a bit better midrange than having all one type of lens for both eyes.
I do encourage you wait for the second lens until your right eye has really settled. We went three weeks as well and the prescription for the other eye changed enough they had order a different lens. In hindsight, I think waiting a couple more weeks might had been any better.
No matter, have basically not worn glasses since. I am now (5 years later) starting to get some fuzziness in the computer distance and will start using computer glasses to cut down on fatigue. In contrast, I wore glasses or contacts since I was in seventh grade so very happy with my ROI on the multi-focals.
Best wishes for having a great success with your new peepers.
Nwsteve

So glad to hear all is going well. I got a call yesterday advising of a cancellation and that I could have my surgery moved up to Monday, however, had to decline as it did not fit with DH's schedule.

Back
Top Bottom