Cenegenics

RAchip

Dryer sheet aficionado
Has anyone tried Cenegenics? I'm pretty intrigued by this and would be interested in hearing experiences of others who tried it.

I have no personal experience but it smells like snake oil to me. Way too many stores of high cost and scary results, like this:

Hanneke Hops wasn't afraid of dying. What concerned her was growing old and not being able to run marathons, ride horses, or fly planes. So the 56-year-old Hayward, California, woman turned to Alan Mintz, M.D. -- a radiologist who founded the Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas, which specializes in "age management medicine."

She was prescribed recombinant human growth hormone (HGH), a synthetic version of a pituitary hormone hawked as a miraculous fountain of youth. Though the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that taking HGH poses serious health risks, Hops -- unaware there was any harm -- began injecting it into her thigh six times a week.

She never did grow old. Six months later, in 2004, she was dead, her liver full of malignant tumors. While it is impossible to prove that HGH therapy contributed to Hops's death, the use of HGH has been linked to an increased risk of cancer.

The risks of anti-aging medicine - CNN.com

HGH is a controversial substance and the internet is full of conflicting reports about the dangers of using it to try to turn back the clock. Until Ponce de Leon reports "I found it!" I think I'll skip anti-aging treatments.

No personal experience with this company. Mostly unregulated industry full of magic claims.

When things are to good to be true, they're generally not.

Has anyone tried Cenegenics? I'm pretty intrigued by this and would be interested in hearing experiences of others who tried it.
Welcome aboard, RAChip. Yours is an unusual request from a new member. :) Why not tell us a bit about yourself and the reason for your interest in Cenegenics.

You'd never catch me taking hormones for no reason like that. Hormones are strong. It might really mess me up by upsetting the delicate balance of nature. Sort of like hitting a glass plate with a 100-lb sledgehammer.:nonono:

In my oh, so very humble opinion, those folks are simply frightened of the aging process. I think most of us are not.

In my oh, so very humble opinion, those folks are simply frightened of the aging process. I think most of us are not.

The aging process doesn't scare me. The dying part does, though! Yikes. :eek: But this is why I wouldn't mess with something like cenagenics. Too rough on the system and too many people think it has severely bad effects (like death).

+1

Also, some people [-]delude[/-] allow themselves to believe there is a way to put this off that is easy and harmless.

I'm 52. In good shape financially but I always considered myself an athlete (played college football, etc) but I'm not looking that good. I find it very difficult to get lean even with doing 1.5 hours of fairly vigorous cardio every day. It seems obvious to me that its a hormone issue. They seem to focus on that.

I'm 52. In good shape financially but I always considered myself an athlete (played college football, etc) but I'm not looking that good. I find it very difficult to get lean even with doing 1.5 hours of fairly vigorous cardio every day. It seems obvious to me that its a hormone issue. They seem to focus on that.
People spend thousands of dollars in the futile attempt to get lean. They get weight loss surgery ($$$), go to weight loss camps ($$$$), eat expensive foods that are supposed to help one lose weight ($$$), hire personal trainers ($$$), go to well equipped gyms, buy weight loss books and videos, and more. The weight loss industry is one of the biggest money-making industries ever.

If cenagenics was a safe and effective way to lose weight, don't you think that it would be all over the news and everyone would be doing it? I don't see that happening. No way would I take the risk that they might gyp me out of my hard earned money, and possibly cause me severe health problems or death, too.

Last edited:
I'm 52. ... I find it very difficult to get lean even with doing 1.5 hours of fairly vigorous cardio every day. It seems obvious to me that its a hormone issue.

What seems obvious to me is the "I'm 52" statement.

Aging is a fact of life and what was once doable gets increasingly difficult. Attempting to find a "chemical solution" is likely to have unintended consequences and unpleasant side effects - perhaps debilitating or even deadly.

As far as I can tell, they basically give you testosterone to boost your levels to high end normal. That makes you burn fat like you did at 30. They are pretty careful giving HGH. I would be reluctant to do that. Their blood tests are VERY EXTENSIVE and they give you drugs/supplements to get everything to a normal range.

I am not sure how effective their treatments are, but there is no doubt there services/products will remove large amounts of money from your pocket. There are plenty of other sources for low T treatment such as your PCP vs going to them.

Reactions: W2R
I have no personal experience but it smells like snake oil to me. Way too many stores of high cost and scary results, like this:

The risks of anti-aging medicine - CNN.com

HGH is a controversial substance and the internet is full of conflicting reports about the dangers of using it to try to turn back the clock. Until Ponce de Leon reports "I found it!" I think I'll skip anti-aging treatments.

+1 for the snake oil camp!

Last edited:
I agree with the other posters.... it sounds too good to be true...

Dr. Mintz, the founder, did not have everlasting youth, either... died at 69.

Anti-aging doctor Mintz dies at 69 | Las Vegas Review-Journal
excerpt

Mintz was famous largely because his Cenegenics Medical Institute based in Summerlin promoted the use of steroids and human growth hormone as an anti-aging therapy for some patients, and he showcased his own bodybuilder physique as evidence of the benefits of the regimens he espoused.

Mintz died Sunday from bleeding during a biopsy, Yocheved said. Mintz had been suffering from problems with his brain, possibly because of a stroke, she said.

Hi,

Just wait it gets better. Your hormones naturally decline with age. Have you talked to your primary care physician? If you need hormones that's the safest way.

Do you do anything with weights? At 58 DW and I started lifting and the change in her physical appearance is amazing. I'm not talking about 7 days a week, like 3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom