Chronic prostatitis: Surgery?

vicente solano

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
After several tests, my doctor told me that I had the prostate certainly bigger than normal -nothing alarming-and a very narrow meato, which compunds the rpoblem of urinating. As a consecuence of both, my bladder has to make an extra effort and it could happen that it could more or less collapse, urine retention...
Doctor made the surgery quite simple, but with no guaranty of real and complete success. Just a slight improvement on my current situation..

My question is: how awful is the convalescence? and...
Anyone of you is/has been in a similar situation?
I know it´´s not the most elegant topic, so do accept my apologies.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I don't have any experience with this as my "waterworks" are different than yours. But, if I were a man, I believe I would give the operation a go if it might help me. Without it, I don't believe your problem will get any better...it will get worse.

There are several types of prostrate surgery . You are probably having endoscopic surgery . Meaning the Dr. does the surgery through a scope . It is a very very common surgery but I have no idea of the recovery time especially in Italy . Just get some new books (try large print ) and relax for a week or so . You will do fine !

Bbb and Moe: Ithink it´s more like the good old scalpel for me... on both counts:(.
When I think about what our brave Ratface is going through..... I should be -I am- ashamed of myself.
Don´t you think he has an extraordinary presence of mind?

Bbb and Moe: Ithink it´s more like the good old scalpel for me... on both counts:(.
When I think about what our brave Ratface is going through..... I should be -I am- ashamed of myself.
Don´t you think he has an extraordinary presence of mind?

No need to be ashamed it is always troublesome when it is our body .

I had endoscopic laser treatment for an enlarged prostate 10 years ago. The recovery was much more uncomfortable than the Dr. led me to expect. The catheter caused painful bladder spasms. I was in bed, on pain killers for a week. The improvement in urine flow was only marginal. In retrospect, I would not have the surgery again unless the problem gets MUCH worse than it was then.

I had endoscopic laser treatment for an enlarged prostate 10 years ago. The recovery was much more uncomfortable than the Dr. led me to expect. The catheter caused painful bladder spasms. I was in bed, on pain killers for a week. The improvement in urine flow was only marginal. In retrospect, I would not have the surgery again unless the problem gets MUCH worse than it was then.
If anyone asks where you came up with your user name, post a link to this. :nonono:

Never had it done, so no advice other than to say I would only do it if I really needed relief.

I had my annual physical today. After the doc finished [-]ramming a finger up my caboose[/-] the prostate exam, he it said was a little larger than last year. I must be real special for him to remember that.:blush: But he said if men live long enough, that is going to happen. I haven't had any problems, so no worries for now.

Three doc appointments today. Regular doc, dentist and dermatologist. Non golfing day so might as well knock them all out.:blink:

There are a lot of "alternative" type things that you might try:

- supplements: saw palmetto, zinc picolinate, Quercetin
- hot baths
- stress reduction
- acupuncture

MDs don't like to recommend these, because they're trained to
only recommend things that have been proven effective in
controlled double-blind clinical trials. However, just because
something hasn't been shown effective in this rigourous way,
doesn't mean it isn't. It could simply mean that no one has paid
for such a study. It could also mean that such a study was
performed, and the results were tainted by some sort of corruption.
A local urologist, highly-recommended by my primary-care physician,
said as much in regard to some recent studies showing saw palmetto
to be ineffective. Interestingly, saw palmetto is one place that this
MD and an acupuncturist friend were on exactly the same page.

Some suggestions:

1. Google "prostatic massage", "Felicitano" (spelling?), and broccoli.
2. Find a doc who you trust and makes sense to you.

Good luck,

2Cor521

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom