Co Q 10

I seriously hesitate to say this, but just in case there is someone honestly looking for input:

First, Dr. Oz is, IMHO, a charlatan who will say whatever his producers want him to say in order to keep ratings up. There are endless examples, which I won't cite but are easily findable with a search engine.

Second, for those who are taking statins to lower their cholesterol, I would seriously recommend doing a bit of research to determine for yourself:
a. whether there is any real relationship between your blood cholesterol level and your risk of heart problems
b. whether the side effects of statins might be worse than their putative benefit (which is nonexistent, again IMHO).

Third, if you're going to put non-food substances into your body on an ongoing basis, there is every reason to investigate what they actually do and little reason to base your opinion on random recommendations (such as mine).

That isn't totally an IMHO, the tie between blood cholesterol and heart disease is complex. From what I've read, most people don't benefit from statins. Those that do are people who have already had a heart attack, and I think the benefit is minor. Plus whatever benefit the statin gives could be in part due to anti-inflammatory effects, not due to the statins.

Back
Top Bottom