Colonoscopy after effects !

I had one a week ago and had so much pain for the first couple of days that I thought the doctor must have perforated my colon! And things weren't moving very well. This was my fourth colonoscopy (get them every five years) and they've never hurt afterwards. This time I was told I have a tortuous/twisted colon, so I guess that made the procedure must more difficult. Not fun, but at least the pain went away.....

A Colonoscopy is best compared to time travel for your digestive system, it will make you crap things you have not eaten yet.

No lasting side effects here.

I had one a week ago and had so much pain for the first couple of days that I thought the doctor must have perforated my colon! And things weren't moving very well. This was my fourth colonoscopy (get them every five years) and they've never hurt afterwards. This time I was told I have a tortuous/twisted colon, so I guess that made the procedure must more difficult. Not fun, but at least the pain went away.....

Ouch. My first three colonoscopies went well with no negative after affects. A younger brother started the year with surgery for colon cancer (after surgery and follow-on chemo (the cancer had spread), he is feeling much better). I decided to put an end to a shitty year by scheduling #4 colonoscopy for 30 Dec. It might be a pain in the @ss, butt it beats waiting until cancer is discovered.

Good luck, packrat. With my family history of colon cancer (both parents), I get it done every five years. Don't know if having a brother with it puts you on the five year plan. I was also told that genetic testing is available, but I don't see me doing that.

Good luck, packrat. With my family history of colon cancer (both parents), I get it done every five years. Don't know if having a brother with it puts you on the five year plan. I was also told that genetic testing is available, but I don't see me doing that.

My Father had surgery for colon cancer when he was 65. He had regular colonscopies thereafter. He is now 97. Two of his sisters had colon cancer. One continued with colonoscopies and is still alive. The other said colonoscopies were undignified and refused to have additional procedures. She had a reoccurence of colon cancer and passed away.

Done mine and had a polyp removed. No side effects. Had a big meal after the colonoscopy - no problem whatsoever. Guess I'm just lucky.

Back
Top Bottom