Competitive Athletics?

Baseball - Little League, Babe Ruth League, HS
Track - four years in HS, lettered two years
Basketball - grades 5-9
Softball - couple of years of church league, couple more corporate league
Darts - couple of years of league play
Jogger - Ran 5k and 10k races mostly; wouldn't necessarily say I was competing, except for 332nd place...

Not particularly good at any of it, though perhaps better than the proverbial man on the street...

No desire to compete with anyone these days.

Chin-ups are palm in. Pull-ups are palm out. It makes a huge difference. Not that I could do either anymore. I can barely do stand-ups.

Pull-ups are harder and they sometimes strain my wrist, so I only do chin-ups.

Kind of wide open question.

Did you, do you, will you engage in athletic competition? (The operative word is competition).

What sport(s)? When? Amateur? Pro? Semi Pro?
For Fun? For health? For some type of gain?

How did/does it affect your life? :cool:

I got into running in 2009 while losing 70lbs. The cool thing about that was I kept getting faster as I lost more weight (keep in mind I was 44-45 y/o female, so not exactly Shalane Flanagan). Once I hit my goal I still wanted to get faster. I had a couple of good years, but 2011 was my best year (so far). Definitely an ameteur age-grouper but I worked hard to pick my races to win 1st in age group or top masters female. Qualified for Boston. Ran 2 50 mile races and a 100k race.

for 2013-2015 I kinda let life and work get in the way. My health and fitness suffered and I gained 15 lbs. I am currently resuming training...so watch out world, I got my eye on the F50-54 age group now, ha ha.

You meet some really cool people in the running community and I learned that I can do anything I set my mind to, no matter my age!

Back
Top Bottom