Join Early Retirement Today

CVS playing year-end games
Old 12-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

CVS playing year-end games

I've been on 90 day prescription re-fills by mail at CVS for several years.
It being December, I went to do the re-fills online and all of the prices were much higher. So I used the "contact CVS" button (basically an email) and asked why... the response came back "you have 25% copays"..
Well, my 2019 plan has 25% co-pays, but my current 2018 plan has no co-pays.
So I reply back to CVS asking why an order placed in 2018 isn't covered under the 2018 plan... I haven't even paid premiums for the 2019 plan yet.
CVS responded with some BS about "According to our records, you are under a Grace Period under your plan. You will have to pay 100% of the cost of your medication."

Anybody else changing health plans from 1 year to the next see something like this?
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #2

Do you just order the refills online and pick up at a local pharmacy or do they mail them to you?

I get refills locally (sadly, CVS handles the administration for my drug plan so I have no choice but to deal with them) but I've declined to get them mail order to avoid BS like this.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Why not contact your plan and see what they have to say?
upset264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by upset264 View Post
Why not contact your plan and see what they have to say?

"We have received your message.

Thank you for your comment or question. At this time we are currently experiencing a high number of internet inquiries resulting in a delay responding to your message.

X values excellent customer service and knows your time is valuable. We strive to respond to all Internet inquiries in a timely manner. A return to our normal message volume and timely response is expected within the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."
Old 12-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #5

Happy ending update:
6:50PM last night Ambetter called, said they had spoken to CVS to clear up the problem and said they would wait on the phone while I placed my re-fill order online to make sure it went through OK.
Strange that it happened in the first place, but a very impressive response by Ambetter to get CVS straightened out.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
^^^ Great, thanks for the follow up so we know the outcome.

Shame on CVS for trying to gouge the customer.
Of course they pretend it's just a mistake, which is admitting to poor staff training at best.

I should do the "same" and tell the IRS , I'm paying less taxes this year, as next year my income will be lower
Old 12-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hate CVS! LOL

I am not changing health plans, so I don't know if I would experience the same or not.

That said, I switched from CVS back to Walgreens when I moved (because of the locations of each), and I'm much happier with Walgreens.

Probably it's just due to the individual stores?

But anyway, I have Walgreens "trained" not to call me at home, EVER, and they never do. I like that.

In contrast, CVS was calling me for one thing or another at least once a month even though I had told them both on the website and in person, to just email and never call if they had to contact me. Each time they called me it would be early enough to awaken me and it would be due to something stupid and unnecessary. I tried disconnecting my landline phone and not giving them the cell phone number, but they actually refused to give me a flu shot without having and validating my cell phone number. I hate CVS!!

Also, more than once when I went to pick up my prescriptions, CVS gave me somebody else's by mistake and once that meant I got a very dangerous drug that wasn't meant for me. Yikes. I always check before leaving the drive through window ever since that happened.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote