Dental Xrays

Did either of your dentists take a mold of your teeth prior to doing any work on them:confused:..........

Of course, the temporary and the permanent crown are made from the mold. When I say he takes off a little, I'm talking about thousandths of an inch.

Of course, the temporary and the permanent crown are made from the mold. When I say he takes off a little, I'm talking about thousandths of an inch.

Yes, only the tiniest of amounts makes a big difference. Texas, I did have a mold done, though I don't remember a temporary crown. Your wife's crown falling off just makes me cringe. I can't stand teeth repair. Last year when the dentist pulled my wisdom tooth he kept having to pull at different angles because it was butted up next to my crowned tooth. All he kept saying was he was worried he was going to break the crown off pulling the other tooth. I knew disaster was going to happen, but thankfully it didn't.

I called my dentist out when they told me I needed yet another crown and what do you know, I didn't need it after all. It just seemed like every visit, I needed a new crown. Made me wonder what new big vacation he was trying to finance.

My old dentist was also a photographer. Every time I came in for a check up or work he had new pictures of his most recent fabulous vacation hanging in the rooms. It seemed like adding insult to injury to me. Pain and discomfort leavened with the knowledge that I helped pay for those vacations.

I guess I've been lucky. A bunch of fillings over the years, two crowns, one of them 25 years ago with no subsequent problems, one two years ago, no issues.

Despite everything in this thread I'm sure glad I didn't live in an era when dentistry consisted of a pair of pliers and a pint of Jack Daniels.

One of my worst dental experiences occurred last year. I went in to have two ancient fillings replaced about a week before the 2012 presidential election. Not only was I getting two teeth drilled out, but the TV was tuned to the Today show which was showing an interview with <<my least favorite presidential candidate>>. :mad: Now that was a horrible morning!

One of my worst dental experiences occurred last year. I went in to have two ancient fillings replaced about a week before the 2012 presidential election. Not only was I getting two teeth drilled out, but the TV was tuned to the Today show which was showing an interview with <<my least favorite presidential candidate>>. :mad: Now that was a horrible morning!

Never leave home without it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9a06/

Back
Top Bottom