Do I have the right to obtain my medical records ?

Unfortunately this staff issue doesn't just happen in the doctor's office. We have the same insurance carrier for almost 30 years and they have been stellar, health, car, crop and business/personal property everything for our personal stuff and our C corp.

They haven't put a foot wrong and have given great service, until a couple of years ago. They seem to be replacing people well trained in insurance issues with kids with at most a CC degree in office admin. It's like the wheels are coming off, in the last 2 years we have found 2 major issues that costs us some money. The first time, we said well Sh#$ happens and moved on,just put it behind us. I'm not feeling quite so charitable this time around. But I'm afraid that any move will just put us in the same position. It's like the devil you know or the devil you don't know. All I do know is that a situation that required some monitoring has turned into one that is taking way more time and energy then I want to give it.

It's been 5 business days from my request for records, no response from the person in the office who does this. I did get a call today, inquiring if I wanted to book a follow up appt. to see the doc. WTF ?......Asked to speak with the office manager...we had a long semi-unpleasant but informative chat . More unsettling things, they don't even have the blood test results that were done April 8th.

Told her " If I need to personally co-ordinate and hand carry paperwork, test results etc., that's ok , but as the patient, I need to know that in advance ".

Please heed my previous suggestion and file a complaint with the Board of Medicine. I think you will see a very rapid response and you will have someone else bird-dogging this issue.

Back
Top Bottom