Do You Take Naps?

Nap Parlor at Home

I use the far east technique used in the nap parlors...at lunch, I have a nice strong cup of tea, read a book in bed (sleep trigger), and I'm out for 20 minutes. Certainly my naps are never long because the tea kicks in (brain, bladder or both)!

I find myself taking far fewer naps as a retiree than when I was working. But when it's raining during the day and I have nothing to do, I love sitting on the porch and zoning out for an hour or so. Something about the sound of the rain just knocks me out. I once had a boss who took a nap every day after lunch. He was a lot older than I was, so I just chalked it up to age. My naps in my last few years of work were when I got home after hellacious commutes. No commutes anymore, so far fewer naps.

And, no, I don't care what any of my friends think if I want to take a nap. :cool:

I use the far east technique used in the nap parlors...at lunch, I have a nice strong cup of tea, read a book in bed (sleep trigger), and I'm out for 20 minutes. Certainly my naps are never long because the tea kicks in (brain, bladder or both)!
For an older geezer to do that, his bladder may kick in while he's in a deep slumber. It won't be pretty.

Wait a minute! At 0.0025% of the study population of 1,247, the hung-nail napper subset is 0.03 man.

How do you explain a fractional man, my friend?

Obviously, It's the chutney in the diet.

Despite the grave risk, I take a nap when I feel like I need one.

Last edited:
I don't nap nearly as much in retirement as I thought I would. When I do, it may be for 15-30 minutes. And those are on days when I didn't sleep well the night before.

I've got to work on my lazy side. ;)

I sneak a nap or two most days but I stay up late also. I love not working for a living. Its almost like a dream. :cool:oldtrig

Just got back from a punishing bike ride with a guy from the working world. He is going into work now. I am going to nap. I need to use this extra time that I have found to get back in shape.:D

Not everyone can take naps. Not because of time but some people are not physically inclined to naps. I can only take naps when I am really tired or have eaten a heavy meal. So, if you can do regular naps, go for it. You don't have to answer to anyone as regards taking naps!

Napping is one of life's simple pleasures that I thoroughly enjoy. I probably nap about 2-3 days a week and always wake up more refreshed.

I remember in kindergarden we had our nap rug, and we all laid on the floor at mid-day.

Is it nappy time yet?

Not everyone can take naps. Not because of time but some people are not physically inclined to naps. I can only take naps when I am really tired or have eaten a heavy meal. So, if you can do regular naps, go for it. You don't have to answer to anyone as regards taking naps!

After making the above post, I surprised myself my managing to take an hour's nap!

Back
Top Bottom