Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
All I can say is that dude is a pretty hot 72. But I do like older guys.
Did you mean Ha or Dr Life, and I'll bet they both have the $$$s.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
She means Dr. Love! He is both better looking and richer than me, and likely smarter too. Anyway, Sarah has all she needs of both money and love.

BTW, I am not 72, but not far from it.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post

Well, I've only seen one of them without his shirt on.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
She means Dr. Love!
"Dr. Love" is Haha's nickname.

And he makes house calls!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post

Oh crap, I got this guy's name screwed up. Oh well, what good is Life without Love?

Ha
Old 06-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Now that is a Freudian slip for sure, Ha!
LOL, Calling Dr. Love

Thanks for the parapraxis humor, guys!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #27
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post

Al, I knew there was a Love side to Ha when I read his post about his dancing with women and getting turned on by the smell of their hair. I definitely think you hit on something here, as the making house calls could be a good way to supplement his ER income stream
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I think I have been talking about someone else cuz I just looked at the link in the op post and it wasn't what I was thinking it was, it wasn't the picture I have in my mind. I agree this photo is not way over the top. I looked at something and thought it was this guy but clearly it is not. The fellow I have been talking about makes this fellow look normal! Now I see why so I'm getting flak about my remarks!
veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #29
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by veremchuka View Post
I think I have been talking about someone else cuz I just looked at the link in the op post and it wasn't what I was thinking it was, it wasn't the picture I have in my mind. I agree this photo is not way over the top. I looked at something and thought it was this guy but clearly it is not. The fellow I have been talking about makes this fellow look normal! Now I see why so I'm getting flak about my remarks!
Veremchuka,

No harm/no foul, debate is what makes this site interesting.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by veremchuka View Post
This guy:

Or

Old 06-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #31

Well if those aren't photoshopped I think they speak for themselves!
veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Yowza. Those pics T-Al posted are creepy. Here's a body builder I think looks pretty good. 74 years old.

Here's a story about her that was recently featured in the Washington Post Magazine:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/six-pack-abs-at-age-74-age-is-nothing-but-a-number-says-guinness-world-records-oldest-competitive-female-bodybuilder/2011/03/16/AG5lGvCH_story.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ernestine.jpg (83.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Yowza. Those pics T-Al posted are creepy. Here's a body builder I think looks pretty good. 74 years old.

Here's a story about her that was recently featured in the Washington Post Magazine:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...vCH_story.html
Body building is a bit further into narcissism than I have the energy and focus to go. But she is really cute, and I can see that Dr. Life is way way better looking than almost any other older man.

Even for the much less rigorous traing that I do, it is work and these exercises to failure can keep you pretty much sore all the time.

The body builders that I see around the gym seem to be there almost every day. And man, some of these gym-rat women are pretty powerful looking.

Watch what this member of the "weaker sex" can do.

Ha
Old 06-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Body building is a bit further into narcissism than I have the energy and focus to go.
Yeah, me too.

Quote:
Watch what this member of the "weaker sex" can do.

Ha
Noticed you put the "weaker sex" in quotes. I know you realize how powerful women can be. Just look at Nord's daughter. I wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestling contest anytime soon
Old 06-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Yeah, me too.

Noticed you put the "weaker sex" in quotes. I know you realize how powerful women can be. Just looks at Nord's daughter. I wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestling contest anytime soon
Oh yeah, I am not all confused about how strong women can be. And they are not necessarily big tough looking women either- what this slim good looking young woman in the video does is off the charts difficult.

Always a good idea to keep checking one's suppositions against reality, because they can get out of synch and when that happens it is not reality that needs to move.

Ha
Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #36
gone traveling

The reality of getting old, when the 5'2" 110 lb gal in the gym can kick your....
Old 07-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #37
Recycles dryer sheets

Dr. Life is one of the "apostles" of Cenegenics. About a quarter of Cenegenics patients are doctors. Only the very wealthy can afford it. About a third of their patients get treated with various hormones including DHEA, testosterone, HGH and HCG.

The HGH is potentially risky as it raises IGF-1 levels, which some experts believe could increase cancer risk. Other than that, it's seems pretty solid as it is run by leading physicians using the latest research. The catch is the price...
Whisper9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper9999 View Post
Other than that, it's seems pretty solid as it is run by leading physicians using the latest research.
Oh for sure, this never could go wrong!

Ha
Old 07-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

Ha
Physicians usually get themselves into trouble with pharmaceuticals, i.e. every drug out there now is rife with side effects. This is where Western medicine has failed so freqenetly.

However, what Cenegenics is doing is really a little different since they are not going the drug route (from what I have read) but rely on exercise, diet, lite supplementation and HRT. Essentially you're getting a very expensive health coach and you're highly motivated because you've paid thousands.

But you're right: there are certainly points of controversy. They just had a study come out - and this contradicts earlier ones - that men with the highest testosterone levels had increased heart attack risk. If correct, then if Cenegenics overcompensates - and Jeffrey Life looks like he's pushing the limits of supraphysiological ranges - then it could potentially be trouble.

Time will tell...
Whisper9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #40

Quote:

Ha
Hey, Dr. Life is in his 70's. By the time he finds out there's a problem with the product he'll be too old to care.