Effects of aging Part 2

the nice thing about the Alivecor Kardia device is that it is small and very easy to carry, it even comes with a pad to stick it to the back of a smartphone if you wish. Whenever, and wherever I feel a dizzy spell it takes less than a minute to take an ekg trace.

I had my first physical with my brand new primary care doctor yesterday and somehow this device came up in the discussion. He's quite enthusiastic about it and has recommended it to a number of his patients.

I also told him about the Qardio Arm device I use to monitor my blood pressure. He hadn't heard about that one (it also syncs with my phone) and was quite impressed.

I had my first physical with my brand new primary care doctor yesterday and somehow this device came up in the discussion. He's quite enthusiastic about it and has recommended it to a number of his patients.

I also told him about the Qardio Arm device I use to monitor my blood pressure. He hadn't heard about that one (it also syncs with my phone) and was quite impressed.

Nice demo video, and a great price.

Thanks, this is really slick! And it works with android too.

I've been using the Qardio Arm for about a year and a half. This week I exported all the data from my phone and made a graph to show my new doc. He was blown away by it.

"Nobody comes in here with data like this. Can I keep this and show my colleagues?"

I clicked the link and saw that the Qardio Arm device comes in four colors (lightning red, midnight blue, artic white and gold). But, the gold-colored one is only available outside the U.S. Why would that be? And, would there be a problem if someone bought the gold-colored device from outside the U.S. and then brought it into the country?

Sometimes I wonder if I could I be suffering from the effects of aging, part 2. I think this might be one of those times.

I've been using the Qardio Arm for about a year and a half. This week I exported all the data from my phone and made a graph to show my new doc. He was blown away by it.

"Nobody comes in here with data like this. Can I keep this and show my colleagues?"

Cool!

Duck...Maybe it's time for your nap? Then check your BP and pulse rate! :cool:

OK, thanks for the suggestions, aja8888. I just woke up from the nap--with a terrible taste in my mouth. I think I fell asleep with something that shouldn't have been in there. Anyway, I'm going to brush my teeth now. But my question is: how long should I wait after brushing my teeth to take my BP and pulse rate?

OK, thanks for the suggestions, aja8888. I just woke up from the nap--with a terrible taste in my mouth. I think I fell asleep with something that shouldn't have been in there. Anyway, I'm going to brush my teeth now. But my question is: how long should I wait after brushing my teeth to take my BP and pulse rate?

Not sure. Maybe start a poll thread on it? :confused:

I met with the "electro doc" today and we went over all the test data. Nuclear stress test was excellent (no blood flow issues) and the data from the heart monitor clearly indicated SVT.

We went over the ablation procedure and I have scheduled it for 12/21. I clearly do not have afib, but have one of the types of SVT.

Glad they were able to figure out what's going on, and that you don't have to wait long for your ablation surgery. :) Sounds like a pretty good outcome so far, even though the surgery might mess up your Christmas to some extent.

That is really good news and more than likely you will be all fixed up for Christmas. All the very best to you :dance:

I met with the "electro doc" today and we went over all the test data. Nuclear stress test was excellent (no blood flow issues) and the data from the heart monitor clearly indicated SVT.

We went over the ablation procedure and I have scheduled it for 12/21. I clearly do not have afib, but have one of the types of SVT.
Best of luck. Do they keep you overnight or are you in and out the same day?

By the way, possibly the world's top ablationist is up the road from you in Austin. Dr Natale.

Last edited:
Best of luck. Do they keep you overnight or are you in and out the same day?

By the way, possibly the world's top ablationist is up the road from you in Austin. Dr Natale.

I think I have either been a moderator too long or I need new glasses because I first read "ablationist" as "abolitionist" :LOL:

With my ablation in October I was out the same day but it was a close run thing as the wound in the thigh where the catheters are threaded took hours to heal enough to stop oozing. This is because of the blood thinners they inject during the procedure.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :)

As Alan mentioned, it's a morning into surgery, a two hour procedure, then wait until the entry vein bleeding stops, and go home the same day. Nothing much to do after that except no heavy lifting and take it easy for a few days.

I'll update this thread on the 22nd!

Good look with the surgery. A friend of mine had this surgery 4 years ago and has been good to go since.

I had a echocardiogram and stress test last week and will get the results next week. I haven't had any other episodes like the 2 I had late October but do feel like the old heart is just not pumping in an efficient manner sometimes. Still feel a little light headed at times. Maybe the test will show something.

Please keep us updated on how this goes. I have the same issue but have been putting off the procedure until the symptoms or frequency get more problematic. Good luck.

Best wishes to ya! The sooner the better. If you enjoy technology, you'll be impressed by what you'll see.

Back
Top Bottom