Elvis died of....constipation?

I enjoy what is said of him in Dean Koontz´Odd Thomas novels:).
BTW, why, even in kidding/joking, is he almost the only celebrity believed to be still alive:confused:?

I enjoy what is said of him in Dean Koontz´Odd Thomas novels:).
BTW, why, even in kidding/joking, is he almost the only celebrity believed to be still alive:confused:?
Because his fans couldn't believe it? They defined the word fanatic? The very large Baby Boomer generation grew up hearing Him. Because he was a turning point in music history? Because he perked up sexuality in a repressed society? Because he brought black music into the mainstream when the country could accept that? To paraphrase a great line from "Moonstruck," because they fear death? Because it works as humor and is a shared in-joke. I don't know but it's an interesting question, Vicente.

My parents didn't allow me to select my own music but some of my fondest childhood memories were of escaping and hearing Elvis, a friend would turn on the radio in her brother's car which was always unlocked. Took me a long time to puzzle out the words to Hound dog.

My very first job was at an old Woolworth's and they stuck me in the candy department, which, for some reason, I found insulting (my mother tried to soothe this over by saying they picked me 'cause I looked "clean."). Regardless, Elvis' album with "Blue Christmas" came out that year at Xmas, and they played it nonstop for 4 weeks straight. I grew to hate Elvis and hoped he had a blue Xmas by New Year's.

Back
Top Bottom