Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well I found this old post and thought well I did take three days off over the Xmas holidays with that nasty cold and chest cold then took a good three weeks of slower and shorter workouts and runs and this week I am nearing a 70 mile week feeling better than ever. Listen to your body, it works, I always until the pericarditis event 6 years back would run through colds, I still cut back when feeling something in my chest. I was looking at my running logs and over the past 12 years it seems as though I get a cold every 31 to 35 weeks. Odd. I can see when I cut back on mileage and I usually have written down what was troubling me during that time.

newguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:29 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
I have the flu this week and haven't run since Sunday. I thought about going this morning but instead spent time in the bathroom. Time for Plan B. I'm letting this little bug run its course then running again. In the grand scheme of things a week off will not kill me.

StJohnsWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.
Oldbabe - I hear you. I rarely get sick, but picked up a cold last week too. Woke up last Friday with the scratchy throat, so I went for a run and felt much better. Then Sunday afternoon started to get the stuffy nose thing. I kept up my Spinning and some running. Today, I feel much better - so I hope it has passed. Take care.
Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by omni550 View Post
"Black elderberry extract is a fantastic anti-viral. You can get the extract by Herb Pharm at most health food stores. Use 2 droppers in a bit of water 4x/day, for avoiding something that's coming on, or quickly clearing something you've come down with. New Chapter has just come out with a potent black elderberry extract in a chewable lozenge--very easy to keep a few on you. It's called Blockade. You take 1 a day as a preventive, 2 a day as therapy. It's at health food stores, but much less expensive at
Wow, my elderberry wine now has health benefits. Wooppeee!! Now that I think about it, I do feel better after several glasses of it........Shredder

Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote