Flu

We don't miss a flu shot now, not after I got it about 15 years ago. That was a period of praying "God, can I just please die now and get this over with?"

If there's anything I can do to avoid that again I'll do it.

Washing your hands very often and not touching your face in between are key to not getting sick, even when it's not flu season. Using hand sanitizer between access to soap and water also helps.
No flu shot this year, and so far I'm OK
Same here - I wash my hands frequently. No flu shot - never had one and haven't had the flu.
Since I've made a point of washing my hands while going through the alphabet I have not been sick. I'm hoping that continues. I haven't had I flu shot yet. Before I did this I would get a cold about once a year. So I think length of time spent washing matters also. It's been over 5 years. (fingers crossed)
This sounds like the mechanical equivalent of washing & waxing your car but not changing the oil.

As soon as I'm declared old enough for the pneumonia shot I'm getting in that line too.

Panicked and got the flu shot today. Had to go to an ER today (for other reasons). As I entered, I thought to myself, "oh no I have not had the flu shot".

It may not keep me from getting it but hopefully if I do, it won't be as bad.

DW had the H1N! right after Christmas. Nasty case, hauled her to the ER, 3hrs, nose swab and Chest Xray later got the diagnosis. She was cranky as hell. The Doc prescribed stuff which I picked up at the pharmacy on the way home. A week later she was almost back to normal, but still has some sniffles. May be a new issue.

Somehow, (megadoses of D3, and avoiding publick places, prodigious amounts of hand washing) I have not got it. I hope to keep it that way. Have not had a flu shot either.

I got the flu shot on a Friday in late October, and the next Monday I was sick as a dog. I really didn't feel right again for almost 3 weeks. This is a nasty season.

Interesting, google flu trends.DH got the flu last week and now I have it. Been years since we suffered from it. We hardly ever get the shots.

How long did it take you to get back to 100%?

I have not got the flu in years But on 2/15/2013 I managed to get it.

The first 3 days were bad aches and pains but no respiratory or stomach problems. Then it has been a slow back to normal process. I feel like I am at about 90+% but have felt that way for about 5 days now (very frustrating)

I got the same flu shot a few months ago.

I've been getting military flu shots since I was a teenager, and I've kept up the habit even after retiring. Yet I had the flu a couple months ago (after this flu shot) and it knocked me flat on my assets for a week.

I didn't mind the fever or the nausea or the chills or the fluids emanating from my orifi. But oh the joint pain...

I only had fever and joint pain - yes it was horrible.

Not a good yr. to get the flu

I got a flu shot in the fall, and got flu for the first time in late January, despite all precautions. I was REALLY sick, 102 fever. I am just now getting energy back and I still have a little nasty cough off and on that is from that. This year's flu shot was notably not very effective.

Symptoms were HIGH fever for several days, joint and muscle aches, fatigue, no appetite (a first for me but I didn't lose weight, which is depressing) and a bad cough that is just now going away. Oh, and head cold symptoms too. Went through a lot of kleenex. The very high fever and the aches are key - it was flu, not a cold. Also lasting 8 weeks (2 weeks very sick). YUCK.

Back
Top Bottom