Glucose Meters Cost!!!

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
Hola everyone,
I am considering installing a none profit operation or small clinic were the locals can just walk in and get their blood sugar level tested for free or a small donation. During my last visit to my home town just talking to old friends, I was sorprice by the number of people taking medication for diabetics with out knowing their blood sugar level and in some cases not been tested for liver damage that can be caused by some of these medications. I was looking at the portable meters (low cost) but they get you when you purchase the test strips. I can almost predict using between 50 to 100 test strips on a daily basis and the cost for me is too much.
I am looking for alternatives or possibly a bench top instrument that does not required those expensive test strips. I can also used other ideas that you might have!!!!!:cool:

Thanks,
Speedy

Have you heard of CLIA and a million other governmental requirements for running a lab? Are you a physician or do you work closely with one for supervision? Have you thought about what if you get an erroneous result and a patient relies on it for management?

Just curious.

I am going to be doing this back home in small town up on the mountains. The only medical training I have is from the Army as a field medic and my current profession has a research chemist. I think the alternative for those poeple is worst than been tested. The idea is that you come in get your sugar level and we help you keeep track of your readings so that when you visit the doctor you have some data points on a graph or something similar.

I am going to be doing this back home in small town up on the mountains. The only medical training I have is from the Army as a field medic and my current profession has a research chemist. I think the alternative for those poeple is worst than been tested. The idea is that you come in get your sugar level and we help you keeep track of your readings so that when you visit the doctor you have some data points on a graph or something similar.
I am not questioning your good intentions. Just pointing out that you may be doing something illegal if you don't do it right. Watch your step and do your homework. The bureaucrasy is very fussy about medical facilities, even charitable ones.

Rich,
I do agree that I need to find what those the local goverment and probably miss perceptions by the medical community. Anyway, at this moment I am on the planning stages only!!!!

Back
Top Bottom