Good news! Sex wards off dementia

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Yes but what were their incomes and education levels ?

And to think my wife has been dumbing me down all these years ! :facepalm:

I'll bet the healthier brain is the reason behind enjoying love-making, rather than the other way 'round...

DH got a huge grin when I read this to him.

go figure, DW said she can't improve a photographic memory :eek:

Unfortunately it won't prevent Dyslexia

dbqe6f.jpg

A few years ago at my annual physical the doctor told me I need to work on three things to maximize my health and age well. Loose the gut, more strength training, and have more sex. I was surprised he never said anything about aerobics, but I guess it was because the latter one was supposed to take care of that. :blush:
Yes he really said that these were the three most important things to do to ward off aging.

reminds me of the old joke where in consultation with the wife the dr said: the most important thing you can do for your husband is to make sure he has sex daily.

after the appointment the DH asks DW, "so what did the Dr. say?"
DW: " he said you're going to die"

A few years ago at my annual physical the doctor told me I need to work on three things to maximize my health and age well. Loose the gut, more strength training, and have more sex. I was surprised he never said anything about aerobics, but I guess it was because the latter one was supposed to take care of that. :blush:

Yes he really said that these were the three most important things to do to ward off aging.

In chronological order: strength training, lose gut, more sex. 😄

just because there is a therapy that works, does not mean we all have access to care.

Or, as DW said when I told of this new finding, "get away from me."
Now, where did I put my keys?

I have sex almost everyday. Almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday...

Is this a case where if a little is good, more is better?

Can I get a doctor to write the prescription?

Can I get a doctor to write the prescription?

I doubt one would but it can't hurt to ask. The worst they'll do is laugh and say "no".

But if one did I can see the screaming headlines now:

MEDICARE PAID FOR PROSTITUTES :LOL:

Does it have to be with another person? 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

If sex does not ward off dementia for you, it's no cause for alarm.

I just now recall a story of an elderly demented woman having sex like a bunny in a nursing home with a fellow male patient. The story made the news because the nursing home did not know how much freedom to give an adult patient, even when the patient's mental capacity was questionable.

If everyone was having a good time, what's the problem you ask. The problem here was that the woman's family sued for negligence. I do not remember if they sued the man too for raping or taking advantage of the demented woman, but I do recall that he died soon too, so that ended it.

The point here is that if dementia still sets in despite your effort, worry not. Demented people often have less inhibition, and manage to have more good times. ;)

The point here is that if dementia still sets in despite your effort, worry not. Demented people often have less inhibition, and manage to have more good times. ;)
For sure. I doubt that demented woman spent much time obsessing about her cellulite.

Ha

I just now recall a story of an elderly demented woman having sex like a bunny in a nursing home with a fellow male patient. The story made the news because the nursing home did not know how much freedom to give an adult patient, even when the patient's mental capacity was questionable.

If everyone was having a good time, what's the problem you ask. The problem here was that the woman's family sued for negligence. I do not remember if they sued the man too for raping or taking advantage of the demented woman, but I do recall that he died soon too, so that ended it.

I thought I read about Justice O'Connor's husband was in similar situation. He found new love when he had Alzeihmers with another lady in the nursing home.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:

You might be remembering this one? Second marriage, wife institutionalized, Husband comes for what turns out to be a conjugal visit, and kids from her first marriage get the ball rolling for a criminal prosecution! http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/h...husband-henry-rayhons-on-trial-at-age-78.html

Back
Top Bottom