Google trying to help us live longer?

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Sounds like some ambitious though great goals - - personally I would love to live longer and not suffer from diseases.

I don't know that Google is the best organization to tackle such ambitious goals, but I wish them the best of luck.

Sounds like some ambitious though great goals - - personally I would love to live longer and not suffer from diseases.

I don't know that Google is the best organization to tackle such ambitious goals, but I wish them the best of luck.

I think Steve Jobs' death made the other guys realize they might not live forever so they think they can i.vent an app for that.

Scientists have imagined, then essentially proved the existence of super massive black holes and tiny Higgs boson.
Altering genes to lengthen telomeres and extend life should be well within their grasp with that track record. I think quantity will prove easier than the quality/distribution side of the equation.

Scientists have imagined, then essentially proved the existence of super massive black holes and tiny Higgs boson.
Altering genes to lengthen telomeres and extend life should be well within their grasp with that track record. I think quantity will prove easier than the quality/distribution side of the equation.
Maybe...but astrophysicists also invented dark energy and dark matter when their equations didn't work out and still haven't proved either, and we don't understand how stem cells work, what causes cancer, etc.
Seems the more we learn the less we know...I'm with you on the quality side.
Personally I think it's a tax write-off of some sort....

Telomeres, yea I have to exercise them a little more, maybe warm up a bit longer.:)

Maybe...but astrophysicists also invented dark energy and dark matter when their equations didn't work out and still haven't proved either, and we don't understand how stem cells work, what causes cancer, etc.
Seems the more we learn the less we know...I'm with you on the quality side.
Personally I think it's a tax write-off of some sort....

Yes, but geneticists are dealing with something real - DNA. They have only been cutting and pasting for a relatively short amount of time. I think the first really big breakthrough will come at the level of conception. Yikes!

Telomeres, yea I have to exercise them a little more, maybe warm up a bit longer.:)

I too am working on my own personal quality of life extention experiment. Just got back from a 6 mile run. :)

Back
Top Bottom