Got through! ... my ACA plan choices

racy

Full time employment: Posting here.
I finally got through to Healthcare.gov and saw the choices for my family (wife and me). Here are the minimum monthly premiums: Bronze-$997, Silver-$1167, Gold-$1360, Platinum-$1613. I currently have a retiree plan from megacorp at $720 which goes up to $866 in 2014. I never bought the line that the ACA was going to save money, so not surprised.

I finally got through to Healthcare.gov and saw the choices for my family (wife and me). Here are the minimum monthly premiums: Bronze-$997, Silver-$1167, Gold-$1360, Platinum-$1613. I currently have a retiree plan from megacorp at $720 which goes up to $866 in 2014. I never bought the line that the ACA was going to save money, so not surprised.

I have a just retired friend who is still delusional. He is setting up an appt with a health insurance broker to discuss options to get off his group plan that he retired on and getting that affordable Obamacare. Even though he is college educated professional, I can't get it through his thick head only people with low incomes get the good deals. He won't as he and wife are close to 100K between his pension and her working salary. He thinks his premium too is high. Be he doesn't understand there is only high and higher, not high and cheap...He has a $500 monthly premium with 1k deduct, but has script copays and $35 office visits.. The cheapest plan he can get is $400 with a $6300 deduct. before any insurance assistance and he is already on a few meds to begin with. Plus he exposes himself to higher rates as he ages. He doesn't believe me, so I gave up and he can go find that magical cheap low deductible premium that the broker is going to find for him....

Back
Top Bottom