HCG diets just start 14 days ago.

Dogman

Recycles dryer sheets
For those of you needing to lose weight. I weighted 238 now down to 228 ten days later. For those of you not familiar with HCG Diet or want to know the facts.
1.) You eat as much as you want the first two days.
2.) Then for the next 26 days you eat 500 calories per day sound hard but really is not.
3.)Breakfast - 1/2 Grapefruit, orange, strawberries with tea or coffee
Lunch - Green beans or other veg. with 3.5 oz of breast of chicken, or
seafood.
Snack - 1/2 Grapefruit, orange, strawberries with tea or coffee
Dinner - Green beans or other veg. with 3.5 oz of breast of chicken, or
seafood.
4.) Every day you take the HCG 125 units.

So far this diet is great and works. I am not weak, hungry or in any discomfort in anyway.

Hope to lose 40 lbs. this month.
Just to let you know.

For those of you needing to lose weight. I weighted 238 now down to 228 ten days later. For those of you not familiar with HCG Diet or want to know the facts.
2.) Then for the next 26 days you eat 500 calories per day sound hard but really is not.
seafood.
seafood.

So far this diet is great and works. I am not weak, hungry or in any discomfort in anyway.

Just to let you know.

It is not healthy to lose 40 pounds in a month. Your body needed to adjust to the weight loss, or your body goes into chemical imbalance and it fights the reduction of calories by hoarding them.........

There are many fad diets that will produce weight loss, but is it healthy and sustainable over time.

Sounds a bit spammy to me.... from a person with a total of 4 posts...

238 now down to 228 ten days later.

for the next 26 days you eat 500 calories per day sound hard but really is not.

Fascinating. Since you have been able to handle eight days of 500 calories per day, I can see that you have lost nearly the expected amount, which is mostly water weight.

Please give us an update when you reach day 28 on your "really not hard" 500/day regimen.

Also, I notice that on their website (HCG Diet) they say the 26 day program is for those who need to lose less than 20 pounds, so I wonder if your goal of 40 pounds might be just a tad optimistic?

Fascinating. Since you have been able to handle eight days of 500 calories per day, I can see that you have lost nearly the expected amount, which is mostly water weight.

Please give us an update when you reach day 28 on your "really not hard" 500/day regimen.

Also, I notice that on their website (HCG Diet) they say the 26 day program is for those who need to lose less than 20 pounds, so I wonder if your goal of 40 pounds might be just a tad optimistic?
Why are we giving this guy a hard time? He may be onto something useful to him and perhaps useful to others too. If he is spamming, he is one subtle spammer. One way to never learn anything new is to treat every bearer of new information as a threat.

Ha

Last edited:
seafood.
seafood.

Just to let you know.

I'm good with the first 2 days but after that I'm out. I couldn't make a whole day on 500 calories. If you are a person who could stand to lose 40 lbs., no way are you happy with 500 calories a day. I could also stand to lose some weight but 40 Lbs in one month will not happen.

Last edited:
The diet is a protein sparing modified fast, with some marketing mumbo jumbo wrapped around it. The calories / protein might be appropriate for a month of intensive dieting for a small framed woman. IMO most 200lb+ men would do better with at least one more of those veggie+chicken meals added in, maybe two.

Not a long term solution, but it will strip fat right off, provided the calories and protein are scaled appropriately to one's frame size.

There are some tricks to make it more bearable. I like Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss program as one of the smarter variations on this.

Just eating a little less and losing 10-20lbs over the course of a year sure seems preferable to me though.

Check it out on the Dr.OZ web site. I am not promoting anything. But know many over weight people are looking into this diet. Just want to provide some info.

DW has several friends that did HCG and lost 20-25 pounds in 26 days. One guy we know lost 30 pounds in the same timeframe. After the "diet" is over he added back calories slowly until he was able to eat his basal metabolism rate plus activity caloric limits and has maintained his loss for well over a year. It is a life style change since if you go back to eating like a pig you will gain the weight back unless you increase your activity level to compensate.

Contrary to popular belief, calories in does not equal calories out for some people. Weight gain...weight loss and maintenance is quite complex and different people react differently to different diets. I have tried many diets over the years and was mostly unsuccessful on most of them. I have since determined my body blow up like a balloon if I eat too much starch in relation to total calories. Since then I have managed to melt off 30 pounds over several months while keeping my caloric intake near my BMR plus activity calories. As we get older we lose muscle mass which allow the body to pack on more fat if we keep the same caloric intake and activity level. Resistance training is great for keeping what you have as we age. Use it or lose it is very true.

I agree with HA that new ideas are not always spam. No one can legally buy HCG in the USA with out a prescription. HCG is actually used in males to correct some early sexual maturation retardation issues and to help heavy testosterone body builders retain testicular mass. As for the weight loss claims....there are a few clinical trials that have conflicting results (like most every clinical trial it seems) so if you do on it do your research and do it under a doctors care. 500 calories per day can be harmful to some folks with chronic kidney disease (due to extensive ketosis) and perhaps others with other metabolic disorders. Short term fasts should not do most folks much harm as our ancestors were forced to do it due to infrequent meals. Long term fasts may actually make you fatter due to a downshift in metabolism as a survival adaption.

Just wanted to report back in. My weight loss schedule is a little behind but thats alright. I am now down from 246 to 224. That is using Atkin's diet for a loss of 8 lbs. and the rest with the HCG diet.

Unfortunately, I am dreaming of eating pizza and bread at some point. Hopefully I won't eat my pillow.

Thanks for listening.

Back
Top Bottom