Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

re So---'fess up. What did YOU have for your last meal? How are you feeling? How much of how you are currently feeling do you think is a result of your last meal?

old habits: all this yrs in the chair in front of the computer and a love of cold beer + pizza + chicken wings and lunches out to escape the daily mess had me 40 lbs overweight. i always felt sluggish. and stressed out.

changes ater FIRE: my pizza craves are handled with homemade vegetarian pizza these days, using boboli shells. i bake my chicken wings myself, no more fried. i only drink NA beer now which is 58 cal, 12 g carbs.

once in a great while, i go for KFC original takeout. that's when the slugs really hit.

i find i am more active now just with everyday house chores. not formal exercise per se, just moving around all day. nice weather will give me biking, swimming, yard work and walking.

ok, last meal. small portions of leftover pizza and leftover oriental steak + peppers + onions + mushrooms over rice. no dessert. i feel great today. i usually forage all day vs making a regular meal. i'm training myself to eat only when hungry and only small amounts. i'm cooking as low fat as i can but not too austere.

it's working! slow but steady weightloss is being achieved.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Last meal? Two baked chicken legs, a pile of green beans, a bowl of chunky fruit in its own juices, and a big heaping mug of water. Yummy.

Oh, yeah, and I topped it off with six Girl Scout cookies over the next hour-- three Samoas and three thin mints. But I'll have eliminated them from the house pretty soon and they won't be a problem anymore.

The meal before that (lunch) was a Wailana Coffee House special fried slab of mahi mahi on a bun with lettuce & tomato, eaten apres-surf (Canoes in Waikiki) with Trombone Al, his wife, and my daughter. Al will be reporting on the rest of the trip in a day or two...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We made a whole wheat pizza with goat cheese and feta with some kalamata olives on it. It was good however it would have been better with bacon on it. Like duh.. I feel like a million bucks today!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
So---'fess up. What did YOU have for your last meal?
Haven't had it yet. At least I sure hope not.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
We used to eat Popeye's fried chicken occasionally as a guilty pleasure, but Katrina did me a favor in that dept. After the storm, what help our local Popeye's could hire just didn't bother to clean the restaurant at all. It got extremely filthy very fast with grease and bits of spoiled chicken and bones all over the floors, seats, and tables. It was bad beyond description.

I doubt we will ever want to eat at another Popeye's again (I don't even want to walk inside one again, much less eat there) and that will probably be beneficial to our health.
I'm sure that should cure anyone of going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
take my wife, please...

you're killing me. why didn't i see that one coming?

actually, it was the thread starter i was quoting. can't take credit for that one.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

tangomonster gets the credit for the question...LMAO
Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #28

'fess up. What did YOU have for your last meal? How are you feeling? How much of how you are currently feeling do you think is a result of your last meal?
Plain yogurt & multi vitamin for breakfast, couple cups of coffee, then beef-n-barley soup & garlic bread for lunch.
I am exhausted - but I think it is from lack of sleep (worked all three sessions of Brewfest in AC, then stayed up til 5 am between Sat & Sun) combined with "springing ahead clock-wise"...oh, and that having to get up and drive to w*rk this am!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #29

Breakfast: Oatmeal banana, latte w/skim milk
Later: handful of almonds
Lunch: Subway turkey sandwich with veges, baked chips, diet coke

Fueled me for a day of work at the computer and I'm still alert and energized! Probably from the caffeine in the diet Coke.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Breakfast: oatmeal, with a dash of brown sugar, some dried cranberries, and some walnuts...

Lunch: a Sonic double cheeseburger and tater tots...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

I had half-sweet potato, one low-fat turkey sausage. I am a firm believer that you are what you eat.

I hardly EVER drink soda any more. Today during my run I stopped into a cafe for some water, ended up getting a diet coke. My stomach was messed UP for about half an hour; cramps and just felt upset.

You really feel the effects of something bad for you when you've been watching what you eat for a while.