Originally Posted by chinaco
What do yo think?
It is likely that a Dem will be elected. Do you think we will have health care reform?
Don't be so sure........it's only February, a lot can happen by November. One thing that Obama should do is make sure he has his PLANS fleshed out. Anyone who thinks that Obama can out-debate McCain easily may be premature..........
What should it be:
I tend to lean toward option 2... but I am not sure that Insurers will ever cease the redlining. Plus people (insured) will want to wait until they have real health problems to buy-in (anti-selection). Let's face it, insurance is about selling off risk. It is kinda like a utility or a road. The fortunate (healthy) people pay for the unfortunate (unhealthy) people... but all are covered if tragedy strikes (and are not financially ruined).
- Universal Health Care (medicare for all). Mandatory inclusion, premiums paid via taxes.
- Better Government Assistance and Regulation
- Laws that make or strongly encourage insurers not exclude people and provide affordable rates? Force insurers to have one large group (same price for all).
- Better tax laws for individuals with medical bills (100% deductible for each $ spent)
- Laws and Regulations that encourage Insurers to create more high-deductible options.
- Medicare and Medicaid negotiate drug prices (no brainer)
- Medicare buy-in option with premiums based on income (means test), not health status. Of course, all the insurers would just reject unhealthy people and unload on the government... This probably would not work well.
- If none of the above, please describe your approach.
I think corporate wellness programs should be universal for those who enroll.