Join Early Retirement Today

Heath Care Reform starting in 2013
Old 11-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Heath Care Reform starting in 2013

Although it's an advertisement, I think this is a nice "quick-read" summary by USAA of Health Care Reform starting in 2013.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks FIRE'd - I found that very helpful!

Pete

Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

With the election over, it's a good time to look at the positions the states will take on Medicaid expansion. Here's an article and map showing where each state stands:

Where each state stands on ACA's Medicaid expansion - The Advisory Board Daily Briefing
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #4

Great article! Thanks!

Moderators: I find myself coming to this site for any/all my ACA questions. I have learned a TON of good, helpful information.

There always seem to be 2-3 threads on the subject here and I suspect that 2013 is going to be a mess on this as everyone tries to get info.

Any thoughts on creating a special section/site to consolidate all these thoughts/comments/ideas/references? Or, with only 13 months to go should we expect a government release that explains the 1000 questions in plain English?

Sorry for being off topic, but the related article above (in plain English) got me thinking.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Great article! Thanks!

Moderators: I find myself coming to this site for any/all my ACA questions. I have learned a TON of good, helpful information.

There always seem to be 2-3 threads on the subject here and I suspect that 2013 is going to be a mess on this as everyone tries to get info.

Any thoughts on creating a special section/site to consolidate all these thoughts/comments/ideas/references? Or, with only 13 months to go should we expect a government release that explains the 1000 questions in plain English?

Sorry for being off topic, but the related article above (in plain English) got me thinking.
Thank you. We do have a "Health and early Retirement" section (we just moved this thread to that section). There are a number of active threads related to different aspects of the PPACA, and there is one FAQ on the PPACA here Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
As we build more knowledge we can expand the FAQ if needed.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #6

Yes this looks like a good summary of the phased introduction of Obamacare.

Current AA: 65% Equity Funds / 20% Bonds / 7% Stable Value /3% Cash / 5% TIAA Traditional
Retired Mar 2014 at age 52, target WR: 0.0%,
Income from pension and rent
nun is offline   Reply With Quote