Heath/Fitness Tracking Software

Maurice

Full time employment: Posting here.
Does anyone have any experience with personal health/fitness tracking software?

I'm in a position where it would be very useful to track a lot of health and fitness variables over time. I was starting to put together a spreadsheet but it occurred to me there are probably decent software packages that do this. I'm sure there are free online sites, but I'm concerned about privacy and loss of data if/when they go bust.

Hi Moe - thanks for the link. Have you used it?

I haven't used it but It I think it's a great idea . I also think it would be a good idea to carry a detailed list of your medications , any allergies and a short description of your illness since it is rare . This will help any medical people you need to deal with even if it is for something not related to your condition . I worked in a surgery center and we were always scrambling to find info on rare disorders our patients had to make sure we could give them the safest treatment .

Hey, I'm only 39, I'll worry about a medical dogtag when the time comes! ;)

Seriously, for me this is more about tracking my own health and learning about my responses to things over time. This is also as much about 'fitness' as 'health'. (Of course I realize thats an artificial distinction, but the market for these software products certainly views them distinctly.)

Anyway, the more I think about it the more I figure I'd better DIY this in Excel. I'd hate to have lots of data in some application and have the vendor go bust. Better to organize it myself in Excel with proper backups.

Back
Top Bottom