Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #41
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Man, I hate cold damp days.
You guys make me feel like I've been hiding all my life, was never into sports at all. Some weight-lifting and bicycling just to keep in shape for work but it wasn't for the joy of it, I had to mentally flog myself to stay with it. Only sport-related injury I ever had was a deep cut to a finger done by the propeller on a radio controlled model airplane. On cold days that finger is the first to get cold.

After the knee surgery at age 40 the doc told me "no running for you". The knee injury came from playing with the dog.

I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I was mostly a practice dummy; no LeBron here...

Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...
Okay, true confessions: I broke all my bones falling on the ice in my driveway a couple of times. Never broke anything on the field or the rink.

The cartilage damage to the knees is another matter...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...
For years, I rode horses. Once in a gallop, my body shifted and to the passerby I probably looked like I was doing some fancy trick. I didn't fall off, but every muscle in my body ached for days.

I develped a herniated disc and this malady got worse over the years. I try to convince myself that it was due to other means, but I'm pretty sure it was due to riding. Riding horses was my greatest pleasure...I miss it so much.
There's no need to complicate, our time is short..
bbbamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Riding horses was my greatest pleasure...I miss it so much.
Our kid rode dressage for over three years, and during that time I never met a single ER'd equestrian...

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...
Basketball is NOT a straight-line sport, either, and I have a mild knee sprain to prove it.........

Consult with your own advisor or representative. My thoughts should not be construed as investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results (love that one).......:)

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote