Home Healthcare Products

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Over many years, we have accumulated a substantial number of healthcare items, usually having to buy them for a reason.

Hey!... I didn't even know what an otoscope was, until we needed one. Found a paraffin bath for my polyneuropathic hands. Never even knew they existed. The stethoscope is just a way to make sure those "Man, am I beat?" moments aren't unusual.

Then there is the big supply of all sizes and types of bandages, lotions, creams, tubes of itch preventers and Fluorouracil for skin bumps.
Knee, ankle, and wrist elastic supports have accumulated over the years. Eye drops, ear drops, nose drops and cough drops, allergy and sleep tablets and the dozens of prescriptions that we've needed.

Scales, pill cutters, special use scissors, tweezers and scalpel type knives and multiple ear and oral thermometers have all found their way to our home medical center.

We haven't gotten into electronic monitors like fitbit, or electrocardiograms that operate from a smartphone, but can see that on the horizon.

My list only scratches the surface. Here's a link to Amazon's healthcare pages, that fills in the blanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Medical-Supplies-Equipment-Health-Care/b?ie=UTF8&node=3775161

In retrospect... looking at the number of trips we had to make to buy each one of the dozens of items in our healthcare closet, we could have bought them all for about $200, and saved a lot of time and travel.

My takeaway is that instead of waiting 'til it's needed, and having to make a special trip to the store... the upfront cost to cover most of the bases is insignificant, compared to the benefit of having what you need, when you need it.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
It's been my experience that when we buy in anticipation of need, then we can't find it when it's needed. Could be for other than healthcare items, but it always seems to happen - except for big items like a walker, cane, bath chair, etc. Those items go in the small storage unit until the next time. YMMV

Too bad someone doesn't sell a "kit" that has assembled the most common stuff a senior would need. :D

Like this (partial):

Cane
Walker
Crutches
Ace bandages
Band aids
Itch cream
Reading glasses
Depends
Blue pills
Various creams
etc, etc (add your own):LOL:

... most common stuff a senior would need. ... (add your own)
A few bottles each of good Cabernet and good Petit Syrah. These are needed around our house and would never get forgotten or lost. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom