How long can you keep a ACA plan after moving?

Fermion

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you sell your house and don't buy another house or rent, have you technically moved out of your service area for your healthcare plan?

I have been researching the Premera Blue Cross bronze plans on the WA health exchange and while they do not have a limit on out of network money you may owe, the in network seems to be pretty wide.

I am thinking when we ER and sell our house early next year I would grab this bronze plan in WA and then spend several months working our way down to Texas and establish residency there. During this period we would not have a home address so would the healthcare plan drop us? Are they required to give you 90 days notice or something?

Is it just a don't ask don't tell?

Good question. What about RVers. Or those who have homes in multiple states and spend time among them ?

Some insurers sell policies with large national networks. Blue Cross calls this "BlueOptions" in some states, regardless of the name, the network is called "BlueCard", AETNA has a network called Aetna Signature Administrators. The policies are pricey but do have the broadest coverage.

Back
Top Bottom